- USA Only
- 5 applicants
We’re looking for talented writers to create content for blog posts, thought leadership articles, ebooks, case studies, and more.
About the position
Campfire Labs is a content marketing agency that helps brands like Dropbox, Asana and Stripe tell stories that inspire. We’re a mission-driven company that invests in independent media projects that inspire climate action.
We’re currently looking for experienced writers to work with us. If you’re interested, here’s a little more about what we’re looking for!
- Write content for our clients, including blog posts, thought leadership articles, ebooks, and case studies
- Revise content based on feedback from internal editors and client stakeholders
- Schedule and conduct interviews with subject matter experts (SMEs) as needed, including clients, customers of clients, and external sources
- Acquire a working knowledge about our clients, their products or services, and the audience(s) their content is written for
There are also opportunities for our freelance team members to grow into full- time Staff Writers, if they wish. That said, we’re open to working with folks with different availability. If you have no interest in going full-time, that’s fine! But if you’d be open to exploring it in the future, as we continue to grow, that’d be great, too.
What we’re looking for:
- Freelancing experience: This isn’t your first rodeo: you’ve freelanced before (or done something similar), and have the long-form writing and organizational skills to prove it.
- B2B, SaaS, and marketing experience: Nearly all of our customers are in these fields. Having written for one or more of these areas in the past will help you get up to speed much faster.
- Narrative non-fiction experience: We’re looking for writers who know how to tell a good story and have the samples to prove it. Many of our writers tend to have a background in journalism.
- Interviewing experience: You’re comfortable independently conducting interviews to drive your writing. You know how to draft questions that will give you the information you need, and how to structure stories around the answers.
- Openness to feedback: You’ve worked closely with an editor in the past, and understand how feedback makes your writing better.
- Excellent organization: You can independently manage multiple writing projects at once. You should have some familiarity with project management software (we use ClickUp).
- Timely communication: You respond to emails quickly and know how to provide the written context needed to move a project along. (Note: This doesn’t mean we expect you to always be available or online. We’re just looking for writers who don’t drop the ball on email communication).
- Kindness: Our team is built around a shared value of kindness: to each other, to our clients, and to the rest of the world at large. We look for this value in everyone we work with.