- 12 applicants (16%)
Technical Writer (Flex/Remote)
Products / Paris / Full-time (long term)
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we’ve discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Singularity : We do it our own way.
Community : One company, one culture
Adventure : Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership : Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence : We want to be customers’ first choice as a cloud provider.
RockSolid : You can always count on us!
About the job
As a Technical Writer in the Product Documentation team, you will be asked to create accurate, thorough documentation in a fast-paced environment to support a variety of information deliverables such as GUI documentation, FAQ pages, APIs documentation and tutorials…to name a few. Your job will be to make complex information clear and easy to understand. In collaboration with the other technical writers, you’ll pursue the goal of helping our users complete tasks. In addition, we are engaging in a brand new and exciting project: a whole new Developers Website (APIs) which includes new processes, new templates and a complete collaborative workflow.
You will also collaborate closely with our Product Designers and Product Managers to ensure consistency and make sure that everything we launch follows our guidelines. You will have to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively both on your own and as part of a team.
Ideally, you also have a good sense of humor and you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty. We will ask for a writing sample, so please be prepared for that 🙂
- Provide trendy and high added-value technical content
- Participate in the creation of the new Developers website
- Ensure Scaleway Documentation Website is coherent and up to date
- Identify current technical content pain points and come up with areas of improvement
- Write documentation for a scope of products and collaborate with Product Designers and Product Managers in squads.
- You are a native or bilingual English speaker (and writer). Spelling and grammar must be excellent. Another language is a plus!
- You can deliver superb technical documentation and tutorials for both our developers and end-users,
- You can review existing technical documentation to make sure the content is up to date
- You can review technical content that has been written by other teams like Developers, Solution Engineers, Developer Evangelists, and Marketing
- You can harmonize our content across all our documentation
- You can work with other content creators to ensure consistency, share best practices, and coordinate with other writing teams for a seamless product experience
- You have minimum 3 years of experience in technical writing
- You can work in a “docs as code” environment, where documentation and other assets are processed and delivered according to practices similar to those used in software development. We work mainly with GitHub, GitLab and VScode therefore, you will need to master those tools.
- Experience in, or strong affinity with, the IT industry; a plus would be an experience in documenting APIs
- You are flexible & open to working on various tasks that are not always strictly within your scope
- You are able to take criticism lightly – receive feedback and integrate changes as needed
This position can be either:
– Based in our offices in Paris or Lille (France)
-Partial/full remote is possible – Flex Remote Internationally
37,000 – 49,000+ EUR per year
Offer sent within 48h
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks days and offers usually follow within 48 hours
Important note: if you don’t see yourself ticking all the boxes don’t hesitate to apply anyway. Don’t limit yourself to a job description, you never know!