- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Technical Writer (Contract)
Remote North America
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Documentation team is a diverse and highly technical group of engineers who develop and maintain the documentation for the MongoDB product family. Our mission is to help developers and administrators successfully use MongoDB products by providing outstanding documentation. The MongoDB Documentation team is tightly integrated with the Product and Engineering organizations and works alongside the teams responsible for each product.
The Cloud documentation team is responsible for the following industry-leading MongoDB products and services:
- MongoDB Atlas, the cloud-hosted, fully managed database as a service
- MongoDB Atlas Search and Vector Search, embedded relevance-based and semantic search in MongoDB Atlas
- MongoDB Atlas Stream Processing, process streams of complex data using the same data model and Query API used in Atlas databases
- MongoDB Atlas Data Federation, natively query, transform, and move data across source clusters and formats
- MongoDB Atlas Data Lake, an analytic storage service optimized for flat or nested data with low latency query performance
- MongoDB Cloud Manager, the cloud-hosted database management service
- MongoDB Ops Manager, the on-premises database management service
- MongoDB Kubernetes Operator, orchestrate MongoDB pods and their Cloud or Ops Manager configuration
- MongoDB BI Connector, the SQL proxy for MongoDB
- MongoDB Charts, create visualizations for data in MongoDB
We take a hands-on approach to learning complex technical topics and building engineer-focused content on:
- Distributed systems in the cloud
- Relevance-based and semantic search
- Backup and restoration
- Creating and modifying database deployments
- Enterprise-grade security
- Managing high availability and scalability in MongoDB clusters
- Code samples in several popular languages (Node.js, Python, Java, Go)
Your work will empower a global community of millions of engineers ranging from experienced MongoDB users to those new to MongoDB.
Candidates must have 5+ years of combined experience across any of the following roles: technical writer, developer advocate, software engineer, and/or product management. Beyond industry experience, we are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced helping engineers understand product concepts and perform procedures both programmatically and through GUIs
- A critical reader and an excellent writer
- Experienced deploying and troubleshooting instances of software management tools locally and on one or more of the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experienced testing and troubleshooting new product software
Experience with Apache Lucene or full-text search is a plus.
- Work with technical and non-technical teams to meet the documentation needs of our readers
- Research product features and validate with diligent testing
- Produce technically accurate documentation that users value
- Contribute feedback to the team
- You are comfortable with our toolchain and writing style
- You can complete small to medium complexity writing assignments
- You are comfortable reaching out to SMEs and participating in intra- and inter-team discussions
This role well be based remotely in the US.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.