- 13 applicants
Crowdbotics is on a mission to democratize the software development process by providing entrepreneurs, product managers, and technical teams with the tools to build applications with zero to minimal coding. Embedded in our DNA are the following beliefs and values:
- open systems empower our customers to build future-proof businesses on our platform.
- open architectures enable customers to leverage the best-of-breed technologies for their business and our platform should support and embrace them.
- machine-generated code is just a means to an end. It needs to coexist with human-written code, and be readable by humans in order to be truly useful.
- customers stay on our platform because of the openness, flexibility, and value that our platform offers, and not because they are locked into our platform through inaccessible code.
- talent is global and we will strive to make it accessible to our customers with minimal effort. We are looking for like-minded people who believe in our mission, and share our vision of a world where anyone can build software – at scale.
Crowdbotics is in need of a technical writer to make our products easy to use and integrate by creating useful content for developers and everyday users. Our documentation must exemplify quality and instill trust.
Crowdbotics cares deeply about the developer experience for our customers and agency partners. Our products require innovation and creativity to create an excellent user experience and to increase developer velocity. We need writers with exceptional writing ability and solid technical competence to provide an engaging developer experience.
- Document new products, features, and APIs
- Document standards, guidelines, and best practices for customer and agency developers
- Organize documentation and make it easily discoverable
- Maintain content quality through curation and content performance analysis
- Push Crowdbotics and the industry forward by dreaming up and implementing new ways to deliver, author, analyze, and interact with technical content
- 5+ years of Technical Writing experience
- Able to collaborate, partner with, and learn from other members of the product team
- Proficient in HTML and Markdown
- Conversant with Git
- Creative, empathetic, optimistic, and curious
- Adept at communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Able to quickly iterate and improve
- A perpetual learner and teacher
- Experience writing about backend languages like Ruby, Go, Python, PHP, Node, or Java
- Experience selection and implementation of automated documentation tools
- Experience leading information architecture projects
- Remote work experience.
- Previous experience with designing mobile or web app development applications for technical and non-technical users.
- Experience with React, Bootstrap, Heroku and/or Shopify.
- You have built an app with the Crowdbotics App Builder (https://www.crowdbotics.com/app-builder).
- Note: If you are excited about this role and our mission – we strongly encourage you to share your design portfolio as part of your application.
- Crowdbotics is a new way to build software using modular parts and a visual build tool. We’ve made a bet that the people building products and companies around Crowdbotics represent a new kind of software creator that, if we do our job right, will become the new normal for how people build software in the next decade with readymade parts, cloud talent, and automated tools that empower everyone to be a maker. We see this as the future, and our customers, investors, and the market do too. To that end, Crowdbotics is creating what we call an Operating System for Application Development. What exactly does this mean? Contemporary application development requires the use of multiple tools and processes that are often spread across multiple disconnected systems. The Crowdbotics App Builder seeks to unify all these tools and processes into a single system with 4 key facets:
- No-code engine which enables users to build applications without coding, including a way to create database models visually, import screen layouts and designs from common development tools, and visually link screens to external services.
- Workforce management which enables a user to source talent from a curated menu of Crowdbotics experts who can help take your product over the finish line.
- Process and Project Management: We enable a user to manage all aspects of their agile development process, including tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- Deployment and post-deployment maintenance which allows the user to one-click deploy their application to various cloud providers (Heroku being the most popular), app stores, and to provision and manage other infrastructure resources seamlessly.
Top 10 reasons to work for Crowdbotics:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day however you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don’t feel remote. We don’t have a head office, so you’re not in a satellite office.
- Our open architectures enable customers to leverage the best-of-breed technologies for their business and our platform supports and embraces them.
- Talent is global and we will strive to make it accessible to our customers with minimal effort. We are looking for like-minded people who believe in our mission, and share our vision of a world where anyone can build software – at scale.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- Our open systems empower our customers to build future-proof businesses on our platform.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don’t burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you’re getting into and be assured we’re thoughtful and effective.
Crowdbotics is an E-Verify Employer and this organization participates in E-Verify.