- USA Only
Technical Writer at Cayuse – Including Haplo and Process Pathways
60% of top research organizations trust Cayuse to help them modernize their research administration systems. Cayuse develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and research organizations work smarter.
Cayuse empowers globally connected research that reimagines collaboration and drives societal progress. Our platform uniquely addresses the entire hierarchy of research challenges: minimizing risk, driving efficiency, optimizing planning, and enabling world-class, data-driven research management.
Over the past 2 decades, we’ve been on a journey to empower globally connected research. Cayuse has a strong backbone of customer- and employee- focused values that lead to a great working environment, and deliver on our mission: Empower organizations to conduct globally connected research and sponsored projects, advancing their impact on science, discovery, and society.
- Job Title: Technical Writer
- Location: Remote
Department: Product Management
Job Type: Full-time
The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. Cayuse develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and research organizations work smarter.
We’re looking for inspired, talented professionals to help us with our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse has a strong backbone of customer and employee focused values that lead to a great working environment. With a strong financial foundation and several new products under development, it’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
This position will support the Product Management team. As a Technical writer, you will assist in collecting and organizing information for documentation and training materials. Documentation needs to be kept concise and specific to make the biggest impact to a user’s experience of a product.
*Please note we will not accept applications without a digital portfolio. Your Responsibilities
- Work with Product Management and other subject matter experts to develop and write support articles, release notes, product overviews, and other product information as required.
- Learn the ins and outs of our products and product management tools to create in-app guides and announcements.
- Create internal documentation and training materials to aid with cross-departmental communication.
- Manage and prioritize the documentation backlog, including requests from product management, support, customer success, pro-services, sales, and marketing.
- Participate in product planning meetings, estimate documentation requirements, and provide feedback to developers for user interface, ease-of-use, and product functionality.
- Create assets such as screenshots, gifs, videos, and diagrams to increase users’ understanding.
- Standardize content across platforms and media.
- Personal agency, critical thinking skills, and a self-starter attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good at receiving and implementing feedback with a desire to constantly seek improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Product team and fellow SMEs.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Experience leading others through complex projects and managing technical and user documentation.
- Familiarity with basics of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to write concisely, demonstrating command of the English language.
- Enough technical skills to understand the technology in use by Cayuse products such that development of technical documents can be accomplished without undue dependence on technical staff.
- Ability to use help authoring tools proficiently.
- Medical – Employer pays 90% of employee premium (PPO + HSA available)
- Short term disability covered
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Commuter benefits
- Parental Leave
- Casual Work Environment
- Wellness Incentives
- Sit-Stand workstations
- Cold Brew + Kombucha on tap