Job Locations US
Beyondsoft Consulting, Inc., is a leading, technical solutions and consulting partner. We combine emerging technologies and proven methodologies to tailor elegant solutions that solve complex challenges and empower our customers to accelerate their business goals. Our services include end-to-end support for cloud, digital, data analytics, multi-language translation, and testing.
Beyondsoft is seeking a Programmer Writer for a contract position with one of our leading clients in Redmond, WA. This position is approved as a Remote-based position.
- Research, develop, and write documentation components for a Software Developer audience.
- Documentation components must demonstrate an understanding of programming documentation principles and development, describe complex state-of-the-art software architectures, and describe how to develop software applications using the Software Developer Kits/Device Driver Kits, APIs, or developer tools being documented.
- Define content journeys for multiple audience types and user roles.
- Scope, plan, and guide execution of new or updated product documentation, ensuring the content is aligned to customer needs and business strategy.
- Develop a thorough understanding of product functionality and customer scenarios to deliver high-quality content and engaging user experiences.
- Design new experiences to satisfy different learning modalities and drive novel solutions to content issues.
- Leverage data and market insights for decision-making including content optimization and new content development
- Derive documentation from project source code as part of this process.
- Work with more complex technologies and a wider array of technologies.
- Develop code samples and sample applications for developer documentation.
- 7+ years of experience as Programmer/Writer.
- 3-5 years of experience reading and writing in C Programming Language
- Writing for Developer and Enterprise audience.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- The ability to read or write a high-level programming language and understand the principles of high-quality software development is required.
- Experience using GitHub and Markdown
- May require the ability to develop code samples and applications.
- Must possess expert understanding of one or more major technologies, such as database design and development, networking, client/server applications, security, multimedia, or device drivers, etc.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of broad but related areas of technology.
- The ability to be initiative-taking in solving problems is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Work related experience may substitute for a degree.
Beyondsoft provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and the full employee lifecycle up through and including termination.