Technical Content Writer
- 12 applicants (43%)
Technical Content Writer
Location – Remote
Type – Full time
GitStart is a Pull Request as a Service platform. Assign tickets to GitStart, Go to Bed, Wake up to Pull Requests. Pay only for code you merge.
It’s changing lives
Our mission is to unlock the potential of the world’s most underrepresented, underprivileged, and underrated developers.
Millions can’t find jobs because they were born in the wrong country, in the wrong timezone and with the wrong English accent.
We call this BS.
Help us create opportunities for anyone to grow by contributing on the world’s best codebases.
It’s working! Alumni got into Amazon, Facebook and Google. Star developers include Afghan women who lost their right to work with the Taliban. More success stories here.
The team is amazing
Here’s a taste of some things the team has done:
- Several ex-founders – one sold his company to Carta
- National math olympiad winner and former Typescript team member
- Two sailing world champions and Ironman finishers
- Teammates who have already gone through the seed to unicorn journey
- A rocket scientist who launched a space mission
The team’s also diverse:
- 9 nationalities for ~10 people
- The engineering team happens to be 50% female
And more importantly, the number one thing newcomers notice is: people are truly kind. More on this when we meet!
You will help us revolutionize the way we engage and connect with our customers, community and world at large. Your creativity through written word will help us 10x our reach and accelerate the work we are doing and the mission we are on.
- Break the internet by leveraging our colossal untapped marketing potential – break TechCrunch with stories of Afghan women developers working through GitStart after the Taliban took over Afghanistan, break HackerNews with stories of community developers going from tough situations to joining Google/Amazon/Meta, and much more…
- Push our outbound conversion rates through the roof by writing killer copy and turning your ambitious and creative ideas into reality. Want to make bets in video or audio content? We love experiments!
- Meet Silicon Valley’s best content marketers to learn best practices and build our content strategy from the ground up
- We have an unlimited budget for you to work with the best marketing tools
- You write well, fast, and in idiomatic English
- You have a technical background – this role is ideal for creative computer science graduates
- You’re a true marketer: you recognize your words are even more powerful when combined with conversion rate optimization principles
- You’re deeply interested in software development – bonus points if you can code
- You have written about software development (blog, article or any publicly accessible channel
- What you won’t be doing – writing technical manuals, SOPs, documenting processes or “how to” guides
What we offer
- Fully remote: work from wherever you want
- Regular on-sites to bond and explore the world (3-4 a year of 2-3 weeks each)
- Personalized growth plan & mentorship for every employee (we mean it) + access to the world’s most prestigious entrepreneurship community through the Y-Combinator
- A great range of perks and benefits
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make a significant contribution to changing the lives of millions of engineers