- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Employees can work remotely
There’s no such thing as a typical Informa colleague…And that’s how we like it. We’re a diverse Group, with over 10,000 colleagues working in many different roles in one of six Divisions and in over 30 countries. Each of us brings something different, a unique set of abilities, experience, and knowledge. It’s what makes us who we are.
All our businesses and offices share a culture based on respect and inclusiveness, and a working environment that is enjoyable, stimulating, rewarding and supportive for colleagues. One that enables everyone to fully participate in the life of the Group and its ongoing, sustainable growth.
As a division of Informa, a FTSE 100 company, Informa Markets provides customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through live, virtual and hybrid events, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
People are at the heart of Informa Markets. Our business thrives on the passion and entrepreneurship of our 4,000+ colleagues, who deliver over 500 international events and brands in more than 40 countries across the globe.
Using our industry insight, comprehensive portfolio of markets, content and digital resources, we are passionate about creating platforms for our customers to connect and shaping environments that enable businesses to flourish.
What we’re looking for:
Informa Markets is seeking a full-time Staff Writer for its Farm Progress Agricultural Portfolio. The Staff Writer will be responsible for content creation for print and digital platforms for Nebraska Farmer and the Western Great Plains, and attainment of annual KPIs as set by the Sr. Director of Content for the Western Farm Progress Group. Additional responsibilities include social community building and engagement, creation of galleries and the collaboration with colleagues that results in high value content for the agricultural market. This position is fully integrated within the Farm Progress group and collaborates frequently with all departments within the portfolio.
Role Accountability and Duties :
- Create compelling original content for daily digital and monthly print publications
- Develop story ideas for digital, print, and social networks by working with state and regional experts and industries authorities to report on the significant issues facing the region
- Produce photographic images that further convey stories and information for readers
- Create video and audio content
- Create social channel content to engage community
- Attain annual KPIs
- Represent Farm Progress in state and ag industry
- Travel: Outside of the state 10% (media events, farm shows, etc.). Inside territory 25% (meetings, conventions, farm visits, etc.)
What you bring to the team :
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, ag communications, English or related discipline (Preferred)
- Previous agriculture experience (Preferred)
- Proven writing skills in features, news, and opinion
- Proficient in MS Office product suite, Outlook
- Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent photography skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.