Social Content Specialist
- 24 applicants (38%)
Social Content Specialist
MERCHANT EXPERIENCE – MARKETING
We’re celebrating explosive growth and need your help empowering every entrepreneur to grow their brand and build lasting relationships with their customers. As a remote-first company, we believe you should be able to work from anywhere. With employees working from home offices across the globe, our team has never been more connected. Tell us where you’d like to work when you apply!
About the Team
The Merchant Experience (MX) Team at Smile is a global team that strives to deliver the best possible customer experience 24/7. Our work is highly collaborative which allows for opportunities to work on projects that grow skills beyond just those required for your day-to-day role. We care deeply about the quality of our interactions with merchants—we truly want to help as many merchants as possible grow their businesses, and we ensure that every experience with our community is as delightful and helpful as possible.
We are looking for an eager and passionate Social Content Specialist to help be gas on the flames, supporting and contributing to making the first experiences current and potential Smile customers have with Smile a delight. Reporting to Smile’s Community Manager, you will work closely with our Community, Content, and Human Resources teams to build out a consistent (but flexible) content calendar, as well as work with the rest of the MX team on a wide variety of other marketing and communication projects.
Our ideal candidate lives to tell stories with a purpose. Whether you’re engaging with the greater community of ecommerce businesses on social media, making net-new social content, or running reports to share how campaigns are going and inform what we do next, you are obsessed with crafting compelling stories. We know that the best person for this job isn’t a marketing industry veteran—you might be newer to marketing but are driven to take what you know and make a difference. You love fascinating and empathetic stories, never used Google+, and feel a sense of accomplishment when you’re able to wrap up a project at just the right time.
- Creating and editing social media content (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok)
- Contribute to brainstorming efforts for our monthly social content calendar
- Collaborating across departments on larger social media campaigns
- Assist the wider Smile team and coordinate the implementation and execution of HR-focused social channels
What You Need
- Content creation and on-camera experience (Tiktok, Instagram Reels, Adobe CC, Figma, etc.)
- 2-3 years of experience in social media, marketing communications, website/email/product copywriting, or digital marketing
- Excellent written communication skills A self-starter attitude, being able to manage competing priorities, work independently, and see projects through to completion
- Ability to thrive and creatively problem solve in ambiguous situations
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Bonus if you have…
- Ecommerce experience either via your own venture or through past roles
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or equivalent
- Experience with community engagement/monitoring and analyzing data
What to expect on the interview process
- Zoom Initial screening with our VP of People
- Zoom talk with our Community Manager
- Skill Assessment
- Video interviews with a few folks from our Marketing Team
Our commitment to candidates:
At Smile, we understand that finding a new role is challenging and that self- doubt or imposter syndrome can prevent you from applying to a role, don’t let it! You have a ton to offer and we want you to feel encouraged to apply, even if you don’t check all of the boxes. If you are passionate about eCommerce and helping merchants grow through loyalty and reward, connect with us.
At Smile, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.