Senior UX Writer
- USA Only
- 17 applicants (85%)
At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co- founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
As a UX Writer, you will be responsible for communicating information in the best way possible for all of our products and features. You’ll help shape Alt's brand voice from within our product interfaces, writing UI copy that balances personality and delight with usability. We’re looking for design- minded writers and content strategists who care about getting to know our customers, about the nuances of language and tone, and about the role of narrative in UX and product design. This role is deliberately broader than that of a content or copywriter.
As one of our earliest UX Writers at Alt, you’ll join a tight-knit, collaborative team that cares deeply about creating beautiful and intuitive experiences for our customers.
The impact you will make:
- Drive content design workstreams on a specific pillar of our product, partnering with a team of designers, engineers, product managers and marketing as the team’s content expert.
- Own UX writing for a set of features, considering everything from component copy to entire workflows and information architecture
- Participate in and/or lead user interviews and research to better understand customer motivations, language, and needs
- Contribute strategic thinking to our style guide and design system, as well as our product features and roadmap
- Write clear, concise UX/UI copy for products across multiple platforms and touch points, including end-to-end flows, onboarding, notifications, emails, FAQs, and error messages
- Define and execute a content design strategy for your teams’ products and features.
- Develop systems, standards, and workflows to improve the ways we work as a content design team and collaborate cross-functionally
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, product marketing, Data science and many others to bring your creations to life.
- Maintain our voice and tone for a cohesive brand presence across our products and platforms
- You'll be in charge of interface copy in our apps, which not only propel digital experiences but also physical ones
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years experience in similar roles with a background in user experience or product design: copywriting or content strategy experience in other environments
- A portfolio that demonstrates how clear communication can make or break a product experience. More specifically, we’re looking for a range of content and writing abilities for product experiences, such as product screens, notifications, microcopy, emails, FAQs, style guides, and patterns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation writing, and delivery skills
- Confidence working in an iterative, agile environment, and can quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate content approaches within constraints
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Give and solicit feedback from your UX design peers in service of building the best products.
- Good self-direction and are able to manage multiple projects across teams and navigate ambiguity
- Experience partnering with UX Research or conducting your own research about language.
- An eagerness to use research and metrics to discover the most effective language for every context and to measure the impact of your work at furthering customer and product goals
- Experience with content standards and best practices for web and mobile interfaces.
- A passion for finance, investing and sports.
What you will get from us:
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)