Senior Technical Writer, Content Strategy
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (4%)
Senior Technical Writer, Content Strategy, Google Cloud
- In-office:Mountain View, CA, USA
- Remote eligible
- Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience as an Information Architect or Content Strategist.
- 2 years of technical writing experience.
- Master’s degree in writing, engineering, or scientific-related field.
- 3 years of technical writing experience.
- 2 years of experience leading projects, initiatives, or teams.
- Experience in a related technical area.
- Ability to deliver communications and documentation in the format best suited for diverse audiences, and influence and persuade others without direct authority.
About the job
Technical writers plan, create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering or user experience. The content is often in the form of documentation, but may also be UI text, sample code, videos, or other educational material. Regardless of the content medium, technical writers are distinguished by their abilities to explain complex topics in a way that’s useful to their audience.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $121,000-$181,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Write technical documentation for developers and cloud architects building solutions for their own private Google Cloud.
- Produce and curate content helping customers.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Work with a global team of engineers, product teams, content strategists, and other technical writers.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and Know your rights: workplace discrimination is illegal. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.