Senior Technical Writer
- 8 applicants (13%)
Senior Technical Writer
Anywhere (EMEA), Anywhere (LATAM), North America, Anywhere (APAC)
Who we are and what we do
Deel is a global team that helps businesses hire anyone, anywhere, easily. Deel consists of more than two thousand self-driven individuals spanning over 100 countries. Our unified yet diverse culture keeps us continually learning and innovating the Deel platform and our products for customers.
Companies should be able to hire the best talent anywhere in the world, so we are building the best platform to make that a reality. Our market-leading technology, expertise, and global team are crucial to the success of Deel’s platform. We deliver the best products and platform features in our space, enabling millions of jobs worldwide and connecting the global workforce with the best companies and opportunities.
Why should you be part of Deel’s success story?
A 30-mile hiring radius should no longer dictate how companies hire because great talent lives everywhere. Deel sees a world without hiring borders and endless talent that pairs perfect candidates with great companies.
We offer global teams all the tools they need to hire, onboard, manage, pay, and scale at full speed. We aim to foster a diverse global economy by building a generational platform that seamlessly connects companies with talent worldwide.
After our successful Series D in 2021, we raised another $50M last year, doubling our valuation to $12B.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Deel the market leader in international payroll and compliance.
About this role
Deel is looking for a Lead Technical Writer to join the Knowledge Team. Are you a word nerd who loves to explain complex concepts in simple language? Can you spot ambiguities and logical inconsistencies from a mile away? Do you get a kick out of style guides, and know when to follow the rules, and when to break them? If so, this role might be for you.
The Knowledge Team manages and scales information and expertise about Deel products and services across the organization for internal and external audiences.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with other writers and subject matter experts to create and maintain content on a range of topics, in different formats, on multiple platforms.
What you’ll do at Deel
- Work with subject matter experts to craft meaningful and accessible technical content for internal and external end-users
- Build and maintain and comprehensive product knowledge base to scale knowledge across the organization
- Collaborate with your team to audit and maintain existing content to improve clarity and ensure accuracy
- Support the product and enablement functions to ensure the timely delivery of release notes, updates, and other product related technical information
- Work with the product team on in-app content to support users with information where and when they need it
- Build developer documentation for API products and integrations
- Share your expertise and insight on content strategies and best practices to support functional teams in drafting their own content
- Implement and iterate on technical style guidelines to ensure consistency of content
- Become an expert in all things Deel – from our products and services to policies and localized knowledge – to craft clear and concise content and scale this knowledge with our global audience
- Design and implement templates to shorten the distance from ideation to execution
- Make thoughtful and intentional choices about style, format, and language in order to improve clarity and understanding
- Use data to help make content decisions, identify gaps, and measure your impact
Some key qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical field or a Bachelor’s degree in english, communications, or business with relevant experience in a technical field
- 5+ years experience as a technical writer
- Excellent written and verbal english communication skills
- The ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple language for diverse audiences
- Demonstrated experience building technical documentation for technical reference content, guide content, code examples, and API client libraries
- Comfortable structuring technical information architecture
- Experience building infographics to explain complex processes
- Experience with Confluence/Jira, Zen Desk, Figma and/or other diagramming, wire-framing and collaborative tools
- Rigorous attention to detail
We’d especially love to speak with you if you have:
- Experience managing a team of technical writers
- Written technical content for SaaS or Fintech companies
- Worked at a hyper-growth start-up
- UX content writing experience
- Worked with remote or distributed teams
- Created content for cross-cultural audiences whose first language may not be English
Our workforce deserves fair and competitive pay that meets them where they are. With scalable benefits, rewards, and perks, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Deel, you’ll enjoy:
- Computer equipment applicable to your role
- Stock grant opportunities
- Additional perks and benefits based upon your employment status and country
- The ability to choose where you work whether it be your home, the beach, or a WeWork