Senior Grant Writer, Social Impact
Senior Grant Writer, Social Impact
Are you ready to love what you do change the world? At MIND Research Institute (MIND), talented and passionate individuals from all parts of the country are doing just that! Join our mission to ensure that all students are mathematically equipped to solve the worlds most challenging problems!
The Social Impact Team at MIND is responsible for developing and growing relationships with individuals, foundations and corporations that support MINDs mission. The Senior Grant Writer, reporting to the Sr. Director of Social Impact, provides direction to and supports the team of fundraisers through the proposal/application and impact reporting process, enabling successful promotion of the organizations strategic plans, revenue goals, and programmatic outcomes.
- Love to write, are able to tell a good story, and work collaboratively with colleagues?
- Consider yourself a detail-oriented individual who can produce accurate and quality work in a timely manner?
- Have a strong writing background including grants experience, and excellent organization and communication skills?
- Pride yourself in your abilities to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously?
If you answered yes to all of the above, keep reading!
The Social Impact Senior Grant Writers primary responsibilities include: development and submission of LOIs, concept papers, grants, proposals and donor reports; guide and support the team to meet required grant deliverables; and, participate in activities and programs that identify new, as well as nurture current donors/partners. This includes but is not limited to the following:
Writing and organizational skills to:
- Shape strategic and programmatic direction of potential funding based on mutual interests/goals of both the donor and the organization.
- Develop project narratives and budgets, and working with the team to monitor grant-funded projects.
- Work independently and in collaboration with team members to compile, disseminate and submit documentation and information pertaining to and including proposals, grant agreements, grant impact reports, etc.
- Evaluate, organize and provide oversight of verified and extrapolated data into comprehensive written reports for program donors
- Identify and qualify prospects, including conducting research to gather background information on donors and prospects for fundraisers.
- Research statistics and monitor/review latest relevant reports from the field.
Project coordination and creative problem solving skills to:
- Plan, organize, schedule and conduct meetings with appropriate team(s) and/or organizational staff as required to discuss program strategy for specific proposals.
- Manage/track an annual grants and reports calendar that is accessible by the team.
- Organize electronic files of grant documents/agreements and maintain accuracy in CRM system (NetSuite/SalesForce) as well as on the shared network.
- Catalogue resource materials and collateral, i.e. audit materials, organizational budgets, 990s, marketing collateral, etc.
- Conduct other special projects and/or duties as assigned
Youll fit right in if you:
- Thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment and work independently with little guidance or direction.
- Are adaptable and can handle change with a positive attitude. Demonstrate maturity and seniority in decision-making.
- Are proactive, unafraid to ask questions and intrinsically motivated to excel.
- Love to tackle challenges and be part of the solution.
- Possess strong writing background including grants experience, and excellent organization and communication skills.
- Are a detail-oriented individual who can produce accurate and quality work in a timely manner.
Our ideal candidate will have all of the above plus:
- BS, BA or other degree demonstrating passion for learning, writing and applying new skills.
- 5+ years of combined experience in grant and proposal writing, grant research, fundraising and donor and/or project management roles, and demonstrated track record of successful gift solicitation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Knowledge of CRM (NetSuite/SalesForce) and/or other donor management systems software a plus including familiarity and creativity with queries and reports.
This position may be remote or based in MINDs Irvine, California office. This role may require occasional travel (up to 15%) and absolutely requires a sunny disposition! Lets talk!
*Please note that final candidates will be required to complete a writing assessment.