Senior Communications Specialist
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Senior Communications Specialist
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION – STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS
Who we are
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people’s lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digitalproduct solutionsand strategic communications initiatives––bringinga high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our teamwith an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrivesand solutions flourish.
This is an exciting position for a Senior Communications Specialist with project management skills, an eye for design, and a drive to accomplish results. The chosen candidate will be joining a dynamic, high-quality team with a heart for the mission of food security and resilience.
This position will be responsible for managing the production of communications products from ideation to completion and dissemination. This position will help the broader team and clients produce communications materials that are impactful, professional and uphold high standards. The Communications Specialist will set and manage communication product timelines, working with editors, designers, video editors, 508 compliance specialists and others to ensure communication products exceed client expectations and are completed in a timely manner. The Communications Specialist will work closely with and communicate directly with clients, respond to questions and set and manage appropriate expectations. The Senior Communications Specialist will ensure that projects timelines are appropriate given staff workload and do not overburden staff. The Communications Specialist will be responsible for managing multiple projects at once and building and maintaining excellent relationships with both communications staff and clients. The Senior Communications Specialist will work with the Communications Lead to complete scopes and manage products. This position will create and implement communications strategies to reach target markets.
- Define communications project objectives, scope, and deliverables
- Review communications products to ensure they meet and exceed client requirements and expectations
- Project manage communications staff and activities, liaise with clients and ensure high quality and on-time deliverables
- Create and manage project timelines
- Create and manage communication strategies
- Ensure products meet branding standards
- Contribute creative ideas to the team for campaigns and promotion
- Work with a design and production team to develop graphics, videos, podcasts and other multi-media content
- Design products based on templates as needed
- Participate in client events and forums to positively represent the organization and develop and maintain relationships with the industry.
- As appropriate, play an active role in new client acquisition by supporting business development initiatives to enhance and grow Bixal’s business in each of the areas in which it works.
- Excellent client communication and relationship skills
- Project management skills
- Experience creating communications strategies and dissemination plans
- Ability to respond well to feedback
- Experience creating multi-media products, including videos and podcasts
- Excellent eye for design and knowledge of design principles
- Excellent writing skills
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years of experience or 5 years of experience with a Master’s degree
Nice to Have
- Experience working with USAID
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Knowledge of Agile
- Knowledge of Jira
$95,000 – $100,000 a year
Perks & benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- Work from home flexibility
- 401K with matching incentive
- Parental Leave
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Flex Spending Account
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- 11 Paid holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- New business referral bonus
Bixal is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.