Health Writer, Commerce
- USA Only
- 5 applicants
Title:Health Writer, Commerce – Remote
Location: US National
Yahoo serves as a trusted guide for hundreds of millions of people globally, helping them achieve their goals online through our portfolio of iconic products. For advertisers, Yahoo Advertising offers omnichannel solutions and powerful data to engage with our brands and deliver results.
The Yahoo commerce team is looking for an experienced health writer to create shopping guides in the health and wellness space. In this role, you will create product reviews and best of lists in the health category, focused on a 35+ to senior audience think hearing aids, supplements, DNA testing kits, etc across Yahoo and AOL.
The ideal candidate will have health writing experience with a proven track record of creating successful performance marketing content. You’ll be extremely detail oriented and follow and iterate on a health-specific vetting process, review / interview experts to compile best lists, along with testing products yourself and managing testing across a testing panel, when appropriate. You’ll have a deep understanding of SEO, along with industry trends, and be passionate about crafting creative and engaging content that builds trust. This role is either fully remote or you can opt to work at one of our Yahoo offices across the US.
- Write, edit, and publish well-researched and sourced health-focused articles in a timely manner
- Work within the CMS to build and update content
- Pitch ideas and packages that will be relevant to our users and mission
- Create balanced editorial experiences that serve and respect our users
- Stay abreast of evolving user interests
- Utilize SEO best practices to optimize content for search engines and improve content performance.
- Quickly pivot and adapt to both Yahoo and AOL’s style and voice
- 3-5 years experience in writing health-focused content
- Ideally 2+ years of experience creating commerce content
- Must be based in the United States
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills
- Comfortable working within a CMS to build and update content
- Willingness to work unconventional schedules, including some weekends and holidays around major tentpoles
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, goal-driven team environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and an aptitude for attention to detail
- Team-player mindset and willingness to pitch in on any project to help get the job done
- Obsessed with reader experience, always looking to inform and engage our readers
- Strong editorial judgment, knowledge of standards & style
- A strong conversational writer/editor
- Passion for keeping up with health and wellness trends and cutting-edge products and science
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
The compensation for this position ranges from $72,750.00 – $151,250.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible – hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.