Food and Dining News Writer
- 13 applicants (10%)
Title:Food and Dining News Writer
Location: Work from Anywhere
Static Media, Remote
Salary: $21 per hour
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Food and dining site Tasting Table is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our news team. Ideal candidates have at least one year of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on food, cooking, and dining content similar to Tasting Table. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. The position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
About Tasting Table
Tasting Table is a one-stop shop for all food and drink enthusiasts. We bring you practical cooking tips and dining advice, must-try recipes you can trust, and all the top news from the food world. Whether you’re looking for the latest viral trends or the tried-and-true methods of your favorite chefs, there’s a place for you at Tasting Table no reservations required.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news and evergreen article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site’s areas of coverage
- Research and write 300- to 900-word articles in a custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants able to work night and weekend news shifts.
- Compensation: $21 per hour
Minimum one year editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content we share on Tasting Table (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.