Food and Dining Feature Writer
- 4 applicants (7%)
Food and Dining Feature Writer – TastingTable.com
- Salary: 8 cents per word
- Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Duration: Freelance
Food and dining site Tasting Table is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our feature team. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on food, cooking, and dining content similar to Tasting Table. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. The position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
About Tasting Table
Tasting Table is a one-stop shop for all food and drink enthusiasts. We bring you practical cooking tips and dining advice, must-try recipes you can trust, and all the top news from the food world. Whether you’re looking for the latest viral trends or the tried-and-true methods of your favorite chefs, there’s a place for you at Tasting Table — no reservations required.
Feature Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim feature article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research, pitch, and write 2600- to 3000-word articles in a custom CMS with a one-week to one-day turnaround, depending on the topic and timeliness of the article
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: 8 cents per word
- Minimum three years of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content we share on Tasting Table (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
About Static Media
Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, chicken sandwiches, the year’s best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media’s content never stands still. Static Media’s portfolio includes sixteen unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.