- USA Only
- 2 applicants
At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform the global health ecosystem through the power of information and technology. Our staff, nearly 300 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
The purpose of this position is to work with the HIMSS Media team in running and growing editorial products, specifically the MobiHealthNews website and newsletters. The editor will work with the Executive Editor in creating compelling news, features, videos, podcasts and webinars to engage and inform our audience of healthcare and technology professionals, enhancing the reputation of the MobiHealthNews brand and adding value to the HIMSS global membership. This position will have no direct reports, but may work with freelancers to fill out the website and newsletters.
- Monitor primary and secondary sources to track subject specific news.
- Pitch news and enterprise feature stories.
- Keep track of trends in the industry and write enterprise pieces that explore or reference those trends.
- Edit freelancers’ and peers’ work to ensure that it is accurate and meets editorial standards and style guidelines. Work with freelance writers to build a solid and reliable pipeline.
- Support the launch of new HIMSS content-based products and services, including multimedia and membership-based content.
- Write and report high-quality original content, including articles, videos, and podcasts.
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media, Communication, Journalism or English, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related work experience.
- Superior writing ability: demonstrated success in writing original content and meeting daily deadlines.
- Strong interviewing skills and on-camera experience.
- Some experience with audio recording, such as podcast production.
- Strong editing and copyediting skills. Familiarity AP style, SEO best practices and emerging tools used for digital content presentation.
Why we love HIMSS, and why you will, too:
- Diverse, collaborative, and winning team environment.
- Flexible working arrangements, opportunity to work hybrid.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage.
- Generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer!
- Wellbeing programs to support all of your emotional, physical, and financial needs
- Emphasis on continuous learning and development.
Are you a Changemaker?
Together, we’ll do amazing things for healthcare.
HIMSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Vets/Disabled