Location: United States
The Mission: Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor’s mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi- channel formats that today’s industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in- person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
The Team: Endeavor places a high importance on its data-driven core values of accountability, continuous improvement and being passionate about value creation in an environment that maintains minimal politics, directional clarity, high productivity, and low turnover among good people. These values are adopted at all levels of the company across every sphere and give the company its operational advantage. Our departments and operating businesses have autonomy and place a high value on meritocracy, with a commitment to providing individuals with opportunities for growth and development.
J ob Summary:
Opportunity to assume a hands-on editorial leadership role at the leading b2b media brand in the process automation industry. Ideal individual would be a seasoned journalist, writer, and editor with experience in industrial markets. Engineering background a plus.
Satisfy the information needs of the engineering and operations professionals whose responsibility it is to ensure that the global process industries operate safely, efficiently, profitably, and sustainably through the application of automation, control, and instrumentation technologies.
- Direct the day-to-day planning and execution of Control’s monthly print magazine and digital presence.
- Conceive and develop content that advances the brand’s contribution to our audience’s information needs, including pieces of journalism, podcasts and articles–personally bylined as well as from outside contributors and internal staff.
- Work with publisher to further advance the brand’s utility for a global, digitally savvy audience.
- Represent the brand at industry events, trade shows and to clients.
- Directing, editing, and otherwise managing content development processes.
- Researching and writing original content for publication.
Planning and project management, editing and writing, interviewing, and networking, understanding of industrial processes, vision, and team leadership.
Knowledge / Skill / Ability:
- Journalistic processes Understanding of engineering/ industrial processes
- Editorial development Writing, public speaking Engaging with clients
Equivalent Education / Experience:
- BS degree journalism and/or engineering
- 7+ years’ experience in journalism/engineering
- Exposure to industrial applications, preferably automation, control and instrumentation aspects
- Up to two staff editors, numerous external contributors
Work from home or report to any of a growing number of Endeavor Media offices across the country, including terrific, amenity-filled office in Schaumburg, IL
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays. For consideration, please complete our online application and send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.