Copywriter - Campaigns
- USA Only
- 7 applicants (100%)
Copywriter Contractor – Campaigns
- United States
- When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important.
- We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities.
- Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
- With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 100+ million family trees, and 20+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives.
- Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
- As a writer in the Ancestry Creative department you’ll be tasked with concepting and writing compelling advertising and marketing campaigns across multiple channels for a growing brand that is engaging people all over the world in unique and meaningful ways.
- You’ll play a key role in continuing to build the Ancestry brand and help sell its products by crafting high quality creative communications that drive awareness, interest, and conversion.
- Online and offline campaigns and product launches across a variety of marketing channels including onsite, CRM, brand, performance, and social.
- Got an art director/designer partner in mind? Encourage them to apply with you!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop concepts along with your art director partner and write strong, compelling, nuanced copy adjusted to specific audience and marketing channel.
- Approach every project strategically and with a critical eye for detail.
- Represent and become an expert on the brand voice.
- Gain a deep understanding of the motivations and behaviors of our target audience(s) to increase the relevance and effectiveness of your ideas.
- Persuasively present and clearly share your expert point of view on how copywriting/messaging can improve the customer experience and deliver results.
- Diplomatically defend your work and area of expertise, while maintaining positive relationships with partners in the organization.
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Work closely and respectfully with everyone in your orbit, from internal teammates to external partners.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 3-5 years developing creative solutions for integrated digital marketing campaigns.
- Ability to extend campaigns into other channels, including social, mobile and display.
- Experience being part of a collaborative creative environment on either the agency or corporate side. Corporate experience with an internet product strongly preferred.
- The ability to present and support creative concepts in a professional and engaging manner.
- A commitment to constantly improving one’s skills and staying current on developments and trends in the industry, and to sharing this knowledge with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional copywriting skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in writing for web and email marketing that delivers results.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.