- USA Only
- 6 applicants (100%)
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
About the role:
As a seasoned Copywriter, you will be a creative and technical member of Scott’s Cheap Flights Brand /Creative team. You will work cross-functionally with Product and Marketing to create copy that converts and lends a creative and relatable voice to our brand. You will also work with Partnerships, User Acquisition, and Customer Marketing teams to develop eye-catching and informative content for the SCF audience and prospective members.
You will also be responsible for enforcing and evolving voice and tone standards across all product and marketing executions. Why we're hiring for this role now: As the world's favorite cheap flight alert platform, we're constantly looking for ways to improve our members' experience. By hiring a Copywriter, we’ll be able to create product and marketing flows that convert while also elevating our brand voice.
In the short term, you will:
- Collaborate with Design, Product, and Content teams to understand content needs and bring ideas to life.
- Introduce a passion for copywriting into our company that brings our brand to life across all communications and product touchpoints.
- Have a strong understanding of when to author succinct copy that converts and when to get more creative and playful with content.
- Work closely with our creative director and branding agency to implement a rebrand across all content and messaging channels.
- Produce or assist in producing a wide range of content for all channels and teams. While the copywriter will focus on UX and product copy along with conversion copy on the website and email campaigns, they may also help with a variety of other content.
- Collaborate with the appropriate teams to author and test copy that drives conversion during key member experiences.
- Collaborate with the SCF mobile app team to execute the launch of our first mobile app, including UX writing, go-to-market campaigns, and advertisements.
- Work with Sr. Content Marketing Manager to create compelling data stories distributed via long-form content, info bites, infographics, and video content tailored to specific marketing channels.
- Collaborate on customer marketing campaigns from concept through a retrospective.
In the long term, you will:
- Own, enforce, and evolve our brand voice and tone guidelines.
- Increase clarity and understanding of our product through storytelling and educational content.
- Use a data-driven approach to measure the success/effectiveness of product and brand copy using key performance indicators to improve our communications.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Be a strategic member of campaign brainstorms that balance brand and conversion goals.
What you know:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for copywriting
- Ability to work cross-functionally and independently, meeting predefined timelines
- An outstanding portfolio with a proven foundation in writing long- and short-form copy as well as the ability to tailor the tone of writing to a specific deliverable or channel
- Strong project management skills
- Solid understanding of storytelling with a strong editing skills
- Ability to storyboard with a videographer, technical marketer, and/or designer
A never-ending desire to experiment and test new content ideas to gather insights from our audience and improve our strategy
- Figma knowledge a plus
- General knowledge of social media platforms
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ's to the office!
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- $2,500 Remote Work Stipend
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Meetup meals when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Team retreat twice per year (In April 2022 we went to Charleston and in September 2022 we’re going to Zion!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to ancestry; age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
If you require reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org let us know the nature of your request.