- USA Only
- 3 applicants
Title: Freelance Copywriter
Location: United States – Remote Flexibility
Type: Freelance Workplace: remote
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated, digital-first direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single- minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Animal Legal Defense Fund, Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while electing Democrats to office at every level.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing copy that drives action to achieve direct response campaign objectives including direct donations, engagement, list growth, and cultivation;
- Delivering copy that is consistent with an organization’s voice and adapted across channels;
- Creating final copy decks that follow client brand and style guidelines and cite the source of information used;
- Collaborating with client teams to understand and address client goals, messaging, strategy, and feedback on all copy;
- Participating in internal meetings, as necessary.
- Writing experience in fundraising, advocacy, or political field;
- Capable of writing for a variety of audiences and media, including print, email and digital ads;
- Detail-oriented proofreader and researcher;
- A mind for both finding the right words and explaining the thinking behind them;
- Comfort with working up and down your skillset;
- Comfort with tracking performance, receiving feedback, and addressing both written and live edits;
- Collaborative and solutions-focused;
- A creative thinker and independent worker who can exercise job responsibilities with minimal oversight;
- A professional who is skilled at accepting and incorporating feedback;
- Detail-oriented multitasker who can shift priorities in a rapid-response environment;
- Flexible to adapt writing to prescribed voice, style and format;
- A predisposition toward out-of-the-box thinking and bold ideas;
- Passion for making our world a better place.
Pay rate for this role begins at $25/hour and increases depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!