- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
at HackerRank (View all jobs)
REMOTE WITHIN THE UNITED STATES
Writer. Storyteller. Visionary.
Ready to help build something awesome? We’re looking for a Copywriter who’s eager to put their creative skills to the test and tell stories that our community of 21 million developers and 3,000 customers love. From ad copy to ebooks, video scripts to web, you’ll shape the words behind everything we do — and provide the hands-on creative and conceptual work to take our storytelling to the next level.
About the Role
HackerRank’s Content Studio team sits at one of the most interesting intersections in tech, producing stories and content around the fast-evolving world of technical skills — and the tech of the future those skills unlock. As Copywriter, your job is to chase every opportunity to define, refine, reinvent, and introduce HackerRank’s story to the world. You’ll be a leading creative voice on the team and sit at the center of the action, working to elevate concepts, execute briefs, generate new ideas — and most importantly, tell our story in new and signature ways.
Tactically, our Copywriter will partner with teams across the business, including design, marketing, sales, and product, to write compelling and consistent copy across all marketing materials and digital assets, including sales and customer success content, website and landing pages, email and ad campaigns, internal and external decks, blogs and newsletters, thought leadership, events, and videos. And you’ll be a creative at heart, striving to breathe new life and fresh ideas into the words we use across our content ecosystem.
You will be working on:
- Marketing Production: Write compelling and effective marketing copy for campaigns in all mediums (digital, print, video, experiential, etc.) and across channels (blog, newsletter, email, web)
- Web and UX Copy: Write tight, on-brand headlines and copy, optimizing for the user’s intent and journey on every assignment.
- Storytelling: Write entertaining, empathetic, and educational content that aids in our audience-building and engagement efforts with a fresh voice and style
- Collaboration: Collaborate with other writers, designers, marketers, strategists, project managers, sales, product, and company leaders to produce great work.
- Idea Generation: Articulate and pitch new creative concepts/campaigns to management
We are looking for:
- At least 3 years of professional writing experience at a B2B SaaS company
- At least 5 years of hands-on production experience in web copy development, digital media production, sales collateral creation, and/or video production
- At least 7 years of writing experience across short and long-form
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills and the ability to drive your ideas to completion
- Excellent creative/editorial judgment, with a bias for bold, new ideas and a strong point of view
- Demonstrated ability to transform bland content into storytelling that shines
- Expert command over AP Style (and an understanding of how to break the rules for stylistic intent)
- A healthy respect for deadlines and the ability to project manage
- A strong portfolio to boot
Nice to have: (optional)
- Experience working in developer tools or the tech industry
- Experience and/or appreciation for considering how design will elevate the story
- Understanding of UX principles
- Ability to understand and communicate the business impact of creative decisions
- Genuine passion for all things creative, and the willingness to share that energy with the rest of the team