- North America
- United States
Stacker is a data journalism company with content that reaches millions of readers each month on Stacker.com as well as across hundreds of publishing partner sites, including MSN, Newsweek, Hearst Newspapers, and more.
We also run Stacker Studio, a native content studio focused on developing authoritative, newsworthy stories for a wide variety of brands.
We are looking for a full-time copy editor to work with our in-house staff and freelance network on a wide variety of stories each month. Stacker’s editor will be responsible for providing the first round of copy edits and fact- checks on stories across all verticals.
Stacker’s copy editor will be responsible for:
- Correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
- Fact-checking all details of a Stacker story (including cross-checking studies/data, dates, details, history, names, etc.)
- Pitching creative, original headlines across all arms of Stacker (original Stacker pieces and Studio clients, both timely and evergreen)
What we look for in a candidate:
- 2-3 years of professional editing experience in an online newsroom copy editor
- Fact-checking experience
- Expert in AP style
- Impeccable research skills for sourcing, fact-checking, and diving into topics even when the subject matter may be unfamiliar
- Ruthless copy-editing skills with an eye for grammar, brevity, sentence structure, and framing arguments
- A news junkie who closely follows what is happening in today’s world, from politics to pop culture
- Fully remote team
- Full health and dental coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k matching
- Weekly meal stipend
- Yearly education stipend
- Awesome team culture!