- USA Only
- Copy Editor, Social Impact, Remote
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is collecting CVs and Request For Quotations for a pool of copy editors to support copy editing and formatting on a variety of proposals and deliverables for ongoing projects. Topics covered range across sectors, including education, democracy and governance, health, economic growth, environment, and others. Social Impact’s copy editors typically work as short- term consultants; all work may be completed remotely.
- Copy edit documents including proposals, design reports, evaluation reports, desk reviews, etc.
- Format documents ensuring consistency with client-specific branding requirements
- Format documents to be 508 compliant (*Preferred but not mandatory)
- Master’s degree in English, social science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience writing and/or editing reports in the field of global development
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Native proficiency in English
- Basic understanding of M&E and/or research design
- Ability to take direction from remote team, and remain flexible with timelines and requirements
- Experience with USAID branding strongly preferred
- Experience with editing 508 compliant deliverables
- Working proficiency in other languages a plus