- USA Only
- Boston, MA
Media Cause is an award-winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between.
As of January 2022, Media Cause consists of 60+ full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, and San Francisco, as well as a few team members who work remotely on a permanent basis. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America three times. We have built a strong business, although impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 19 creative and effectiveness awards for our client work in 2021, Media Cause was also honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for our positive impact on our community, our industry, and society as a whole.
Media Cause is looking for a Content Manager + Copywriter to help accelerate the growth and impact of organizations doing good in the world by helping our agency grow and building stronger client relationships through our content marketing strategy.
Who You Are:
- The ideal candidate has 3+ years of digital marketing experience across nonprofits and digital marketing industries. Bonus points for prior agency experience.
- We’re looking for people with a passion for storytelling, driving meaningful results for nonprofits, a hunger to continue learning in the ever-changing digital world, the ability to problem-solve to overcome any challenge, a passion for helping teammates succeed, and a strong desire to change the world.
- As the Content Manager, your primary responsibilities will include copywriting for case studies, blogs, and websites. You’ll also be tasked with creating and managing our content calendars.
- The Content Manager will report to the Sr. Director of Marketing and work closely with key team members across SEO, Social Media, and Sales.
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent written and verbal/interpersonal communication skills
- Solid portfolio of writing work across a variety of digital platforms, with a focus on longer-form narrative content, including blog posts, case studies, and websites. Bonus for experience writing email and ad copy.
- Ability to produce 10 case studies a month to be used across marketing and sales initiatives.
- Experience working within a CMS, preferably WordPress or HubSpot.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable following directions, receiving feedback and asking questions.
- Experience developing and managing a content calendar based on department goals.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and leaders across disciplines, including Strategic Marketing, Project Management, and Client Services.
- Must have a basic understanding of SEO and experience integrating into compelling messaging
- Nonprofit writing experience is a bonus, but not required—only “must have” is a willingness to learn
- Must be able to check your ego at the door: be a team player, ready to jump into any request, and eager to support the agency in any way possible
- Must be ambitious, curious, and a genuinely good human
Company Perks & Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k & retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We’re open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health & wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.