This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.
The Content Manager will conceive of, coordinate, produce and publish written, visual and video content on all of Kasa’s channels for all of its different audiences and stakeholders. It will join the Brand team and report to the Head of Brand. The Content Manager will be totally obsessed with telling good stories—about Kasa, about travel, about real estate and so much more—and work with both internal and external content creators to get that content made and distributed through the web, social, email and print. Each project will be different, with different audiences and different metrics for success but what will remain constant is a demand for high quality and a high rate of production.
About the Team
The Brand team is the heart and hub of Kasa’s creativity. On the team the Head of Brand focuses on strategy, and soon-to-be-hired positions tasked with interior design and graphic design round out our capabilities. The Brand team is tasked with ensuring that everything we are communicating to customers and other stakeholder groups is clear, engaging and on brand and this position would be a key part of that. The Content Manager would also work closely with the digital design team to ensure that Kasa’s content was presented in the most effective and impactful way.
Day in the life of a Kasa Content Manager
The Content Manager begins their day by seeing what’s new and fresh out there in the world of social and digital publishing. What are the hot topics in travel, real estate and accommodations and should Kasa be weighing in?
Next, the Content Manager will be moving a whole number of content projects along, working with a photographer on a shot list, editing a blog post, planning another week of social assets. The Content Manager will also be having meetings with cross-functional collaborators to ensure that any asset we create has many different uses and applications, and the Content Manager will also be meeting with the Head of Brand to bounce around new and exciting ideas.
The Content Manager might then stop by a video shoot for an hour or two to make sure we are getting what we need and then end the day by scheduling a week’s worth of social posts.
- 3-5 years content planning and production in-house at a consumer brand or in media/publishing
- You have a million ideas per day of new content you want to make about travel and real estate.
- You are accustomed to planning and maintaining a comprehensive content calendar many weeks in advance
- You have a stable of amazing content creators you can rely on and are eager and able to be always expanding that list to bring aboard new talent.
- You are familiar about keeping to a budget and planning resourcefully
- Travel is part of your DNA and you have a passion for the real estate, tech, and hospitality industry
- You’ve worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Conceived of and published content that has built brand awareness for Kasa, built our social audiences, and build our credibility in our sector
- Freelance creatives are dying to work with Kasa
- Kasa guests are asking for more and more useful and high-quality content from the company
- Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- Generous Stock Option Plan : We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- Flexible PTO : Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it’s not disruptive to their work.
- Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse a portion of your monthly cell phone bill to say thanks for using your personal phone during the work day.
- 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 50% of the first 4% of deferred salary.
Who We Are
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!