Content Editing Associate - Editorial Coordinator
- USA Only
Title: Content Editing Associate – Editorial Coordinator
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States; Baltimore, Maryland, or United States; US National
The Content Editing Associate–Editorial Coordinator position is responsible for coordinating the development process for books projects and ancillary products. This includes coordinating the contributor assignment and authoring process, supervising and coordinating the full review and revision process, and ensuring all project components are finalized for production launch on schedule using the PageMajik content management system. Provides administrative and editorial support to book editors and contributors to facilitate and complete the content development workflow.
LOCATION: Philadelphia PA or Baltimore MD are preferred. However open to remote U.S. locations
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates content development process for books projects and ancillary products from proposal approval through final disposition to production.
- Coordinates and troubleshoots initial author invitations and submissions, ensures author submissions are complete and include all required ancillary materials, including copyright transfers, permissions, art content, etc.
- Provides timely follow up on missing materials and distributes submission files to appropriate functional teams.
- Tracks submissions through multiple cycles of review to established turnaround times, follow up, and escalate delays.
- Processes reviews and revised submissions.
- Collects and catalogues all project components and finalizes for disposition to production and manufacturing.
- Oversees contributor and reviewer records in content management system, processes invoices for payment.
- Assists Publishers and Editors with preparation of annual/semiannual editorial reports and other ad hoc or scheduled report needs.
- Manages freelancer assignments, processes invoices for payment.
- Assist with managing vendor work, such as reviewing weekly title status reports from vendors to ensure that schedule milestones are being met and evaluating work done by vendor (including addressing any issues with the vendor).
- Assist with training new vendors to meet established standards of performance.
- Provides support to production team to ensure content deliverable deadlines are met, including providing escalation support for missing materials or author/editor delays.
- Assists in the ongoing development, documentation, and execution of policies and procedures for the Editorial Operations group to ensure the highest level of quality possible in providing editorial process support to LWW’s publishing customers and partners.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline preferred, or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years’ previous editorial experience; production experience will be considered as well
- 1+ year customer service / customer management experience / vendor management
- MS Office; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Experience as an administrator with a web-based peer-review and tracking system
- Previous experience working with books and/or journals a plus
- Strong organizational, communication, and follow-up skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Understanding of Web-based software solutions and HTML, experience with the creation and editing of audio/visual digital media a plus
- Project-management experience a plus
Travel Requirements: 5%, possibly 1 – 2 times per year