- 13 applicants (12%)
SimpleTiger is looking for a new Content Marketer to join the team and fill our “Content Coordinator” position!
This role is one of the most consistent touch points with our clients in the SEO and content marketing process and is responsible for performing Content Strategies at the outset of projects, analyzing the biggest opportunities a client has to improve on-page performance for their site and make actionable recommendations to immediately improve their performance, assisting our Head of Content and Content Production Managers with Content Production work, including pulling keyword data on potential content topics, writing content outlines, recommending UX improvements on sites, and other actions that help push our strategies forward, as well as collaborating with our SEO Strategists in a team-oriented format.
As a member of a small but growing Content Marketing team at a boutique agency you’re going to help us provide the best service to our clients while also helping us scale out our team and build/refine processes (most of which are already in place).
It’s vitally important for this role to be a good communicator, both via text and on calls - as this role will have many consistent touch points with our clients and require a lot of information pass-through both internally within our team and externally with our clients.
Attention to detail is an essential part of this role, and an ability to pick up on the intent behind keywords that a user might search for while looking for a certain type of information on a client’s site - whether that be a structural “solution” or “service” page, or an educational piece of content. There is a lot of nuance to this role so it is helpful to be a “self-starter” and be able to think outside of the box on a regular basis.
While this is a creative role, it’s also a very analytical role, dissecting keyword data in aggregate and making sense of these search volume numbers and difficulty scores to clients so that they can understand what to expect with every recommendation we make is of paramount importance.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
Responsibilities & expectations of this role:
- Performing initial checks of Content performance for new clients coming in during our roadmap phase to see quick wins and major areas of opportunity for clients before they start a full-scale engagement
- Performing the Content Strategy portion of our 4-Part Framework at the outset of projects to improve our client's on-site performance early on
- Performing periodic Content Keyword Research to find the best keywords a client should be targeting with their content production budget that we will be managing in our projects
- Working to determine the best content categories for client’s blogs and other resources
- Determining the best keyword targets for blog content production, or larger opportunities for bigger guides
- Performing spot research to find new content topics when a client has a change in business focus
- Collaborating with another SEO Strategist as a unified team tackling a set of our overall client portfolio together
- Being a bridge between our clients and our content production team, producing content calendars, editorial strategies, and content outlines, and deciding content topics to cover that our production team can fulfill
- Creating detailed recommendations to improve existing pages on a client's site by adding additional missing sections we see as opportunities from a keyword standpoint, as well as recommending entirely new pages that a client doesn't currently have - and outlining those pages thoroughly.
- Analyzing Content Opportunities in an ongoing fashion for our clients
- Auditing and analyzing UX opportunities clients could improve upon for better on-page ranking performance and conversion opportunities for their visitors
- Consistently analyzing Content KPIs to see how our content is performing for our clients and providing context to our clients
- Working with our Head of Content to improve processes that are outdated or inefficient and continually develop the role as we scale and hire new people for additional client pods
Must-haves for this role:
- SEO experience/knowledge is a must-have for this role as we are counting on you to have at minimum a base level of knowledge that can be built on with our processes and training
- We are a service-based company, so interpersonal skills and quality communication are incredibly important - especially in this role
- Self-motivated, proactive, and organized
- Ability to self-edit content, quality writing skills
- Fast at learning new tools and systems, a curious mindset toward finding better solutions at scale
- A strength in data analysis and discernment of clear recommendations, clear critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- A process-driven mindset, with the ability to be creative and think outside of the box
- US-based, even though we’re a remote company this role involves being on consistent calls with our primarily US-based clientele, and thus being compliant with PST-EST time zones for client calls and internal chats
- An ability to quickly research and understand client’s businesses through a process of Q&A with clients as well as deep personal research into their community and business solutions - all to empathize with their would-be customers which we’re trying to attract through search
- An ability to adhere to deadlines and move quickly through work while maintaining a high level of output quality - we perform a lot of these types of research pieces each month so it’s important to be able to perform them quickly but accurately and be able to move on to the next client
- An ability to work as a cohesive member of a team of individuals all working toward a central goal of making our client’s sites and content perform better and consistently
- A positive outlook on your work and an eagerness to learn and better yourself - we want work to be fun and joyous, and we want our clients to be able to sense our joy when we help them succeed
Nice-to-haves for this role:
- Copywriting experience
- Experience working with SaaS companies / B2B companies in either an agency, freelance, or in-house capacity
- Content editing experience is really helpful, but isn’t 100% required
- An ability to use a system and consistently think of improvements to make systems more efficient and consistent in their quality of output
- A hunger to learn as much as you can about our industry and master your role within the company
- An ability to switch from a data-centric mindset to a creative, organizational mindset to adapt the data we pull to the creative solutions a client should use to put that data into action
- A mind for data visualization, organization, and communication
- Experience with Slack, Monday, Toggl, Google Analytics, Google Sheets, Ahrefs, SurferSEO, and other tools used by our team for project management or data collection & organization
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary: $50,000-55,000/year (Full-time)
- 100% Remote Work Environment
- Results-oriented Work Environment
- Flexible working hours/vacations
- Computer provided for all team members
- All typical US holidays observed with full paid time off
- Health Insurance provided through the JustWorks HR platform (AETNA)
- 401(k) through Guideline