- 22 applicants (19%)
- Full Time / Part Time
WHAT WE DO
Think about the first time someone recognized in you a spark, a talent you hadn’t yet seen in yourself.
Remember the way your heart exploded when you felt the power of what you could do and be. At Street Business School (SBS), we empower women living in deep poverty to become thriving entrepreneurs, lifting themselves and their families to a more vibrant future. SBS is an award-winning nonprofit organization, igniting the impact of other organizations by certifying them to teach our one-of-a-kind entrepreneurial training.
WHO YOU ARE
Are you a marketing and communications professional with stellar project management skills? Do you love strategizing, analyzing, producing, and even better, creating? Are you a natural born writer and storyteller? Do you know how to dissect projects and manage timelines to bring campaigns to fruition on time, within budget, and by rolling up your sleeves? If you have an attention to detail that is the envy of your peers, and if you have a passion for developing campaigns, upholding brand standards and moving the needle, then SBS wants to talk with you! As our Communications Associate, you will put your creative skills and passion to good use by managing world-changing projects, building and implementing campaigns, executing marketing strategies, developing strategic messaging and contributing to the success of our global organization.
WHAT WE’LL DO FOR YOU
- You’ll be challenged, you’ll be inspired, and you’ll be proud to see your spark igniting the world.
- By supporting the global expansion of our Street Business School, your work will empower 1 million women to lift their families out of poverty.
- You will have the flexibility to work remotely.
- You’ll join a values-driven organization, committed to supporting your success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO FOR US
The Communications Associate is a critical role within our organization, acting as a spark for increasing brand visibility across programmatic, business, growth, and recruitment activities. The Communications Associate is one of the marketing communications hubs for SBS and produces/generates content across marketing campaigns, publications and influencers, website management, and social media. You will own and create brand assets, curate content and achieve project milestones. In addition to writing and designing, you will oversee production and timelines of digital and traditional marketing pieces such as promotional videos, print campaigns, and more. The ideal candidate for this role is an excellent storyteller who can execute communications that evoke emotion through multiple content mediums and outreach channels.
Execute plans that support organizational goals in recruitment and build brand visibility.
Develop campaigns creative in messaging, strategic and timely, speaking to a variety of audiences including, but not limited to leaders of NGOs around the globe, global philanthropists, and the international development sector.
Create content for a variety of channels including collateral, social media, web pages, presentations, and other touchpoints centered around lead generation or brand awareness.
- Lead projects, upholding brand standards across graphic design, video, and copywriting.
- Curate and disseminate content for SBS teams around the globe, as well as SBS partners and supporters.
- Own production processes including digital asset management, campaign timelines, and creative requests.
- Collaborate with SBS teams and partners to leverage cross-departmental opportunities with projects that touch multiple goals.
- Engage in digital marketing initiatives, including email campaigns and other marketing plans.
- Co-own project management system, Asana.
- Monitor project progress, lead task assignment/completion, and clearly communicate with all stakeholders.
- Collaboratively maintain and implement the communications and content calendar, aligning with all marketing and communications initiatives, and be prepared to make changes rapidly when needed.
- Implement or manage SBS website changes and updates on WordPress on a day-to-day basis, as needed.
- Utilize analytics to inform action and improve campaigns.
- Influence the sector via thought leadership outreach to increase visibility and support the in-bound marketing strategy, including PR efforts.
- You will have an opportunity to practice project autonomy as well as collaboration: Stay current with design trends, process improvements, and fresh new marketing tools.
- You will ensure cultural relevance for messaging and design.
- You will collaborate with freelancers and consultants as needed.
- You will participate in our global all-team meetings.
- You will manage other duties as they arise and as our team dreams them up together.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop and nurture relationships with a broad range of departments, stakeholders, and external contacts.
- Three to five years of experience managing project workflow in an agency setting or communications/marketing role.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while managing various projects and budgets simultaneously under tight deadlines, sometimes with shifting priorities
- Proficiency in website management; experience with WordPress is highly desired.
- Proficiency in software tools including project management, social media scheduling, and asset management, and a comfort level with learning new technologies.
- An understanding of marketing functions and tools such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Canva, SEO, email marketing, brand management, and growth strategies.
- Previous copywriting experience with an above average ability to write, edit, and produce content pieces which engage multiple audiences across a variety of platforms/mediums.
- An eye for or experience with graphic design.
- A strong work ethic, close attention to detail, and solid organizational skills.
- Comfortability executing independently, as well as taking direction or creative feedback.
- A positive attitude, a desire to learn, and a sense of humor.
This is a part or full-time salaried role, requiring a commitment of at least 30 hours per week. The estimated salary is $40,000 for a part-time commitment and $54,500 for a full-time commitment.
We encourage applications from diverse candidates of all sorts. Please shoot us an email letting us know how working for us would be a dream come true for you. Please also send your resume, cover letter and optional work examples to with “Communications Associate” in the subject line.