Breaking/Trending News Writer, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Title: Breaking/Trending News Writer, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit
Location: United States
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Remote USA
The Arena Group is looking for a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit writer who can help the publication build out its breaking/trending lifestyle news vertical. The ideal candidate will have editorial experience and have a passion for creating riveting fashion, celebrity, beauty, health & wellness content. This candidate will also support digital content writing for the annual SI Swimsuit issue release. If hired, you would be responsible for writing stories in a creative, buzzing, and deadline-driven (virtual/remote) newsroom. This role offers an opportunity to help grow Swim’s editorial coverage to new heights while writing about the things you love.
The position of Breaking/Trending News Writer (Tier 1, Writer 1) part of the collective bargaining unit represented by the New York NewsGuild. The anticipated annual salary for this position is $64,640.
Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, only applicants selected for consideration will be contacted.
About The Brand:
We’ve been laying the groundwork for years here at SI Swimsuit, and we will continue to set the cultural tone, evoke important discussions and provide a platform for women to be seen and heard. We strive to make the world more equitable for women everywhere. #PayWithChange
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and produce breaking and trending news content (approximately 7-9 stories per day) that consumers will find interesting
- Provide context for readers regarding why that content is important or impactful
- Use social media, SEO websites and analytics tools to understand what content is resonating with readers
- Stay on top of all-things lifestyle so copy can be produced quickly and accurately
- Maintain a constantly evolving story sense’ to produce newsworthy content
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in journalism, communications, or English
- Up to 1 year of experience with social media strategy, content marketing, content distribution/syndication, and community outreach, or an equivalent passion for all things entertainment on Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand trending events
- Strong news judgment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Autonomous time-management skills and prioritization Experience with both social and website analytics (using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush)
Benefits At A Glance:
- Medical, Dental and, Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K), with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company – AREN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
The Arena Group (NYSE American: AREN) is an innovative technology platform and media company with a proven cutting-edge playbook that transforms media brands. Our unified technology platform empowers creators and publishers with tools to publish and monetize their content, while also leveraging quality journalism of anchor brands like Sports Illustrated, TheStreet, Parade,Men’s Journal , and HubPages to build their businesses The company aggregates content across a diverse portfolio of over 265 brands, reaching over 100 million users monthly. Visit us at thearenagroup.net and discover how we are revolutionizing the world of digital media.
The Arena Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment.We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age,race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.