Breaking-Trending News Writer
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (7%)
Breaking/Trending News Writer, Sports Illustrated
at The Arena Group
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Remote USA
Sports Illustrated is seeking a Writer for its breaking/trending news team. This individual will focus on producing high-quality content that covers both hard news and news that aligns more with the intersection of social media and sports. Sports Illustrated aims to provide news, guidance and knowledge to both the die-hards and the everyday sports fan. We’re looking for an ambitious reporter with sound journalistic instincts who feels comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be able to write/edit quickly and cleanly. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
The position (Tier 1, Writer 1) is part of the collective bargaining unit represented by the New York NewsGuild. The anticipated annual salary for this position is $64,640.
- Write and edit breaking news articles on what’s trending in the sports world
- Assists in identifying potential stories by closely monitoring breaking news and trending topics via social media, Google and other tools
- Is comfortable interviewing the top newsmakers with assistance from the team
- Can connect with sources and obtain new sources for stories
- Can provide input on new story ideas every day
- BA/BS degree in journalism, English or related field
- Demonstrated experience in print or online journalism at a recognized news organization
- Possesses an understanding of the online media landscape
- Strong editorial and communication skills
Snapshot of Benefits
- Medical, Dental and, Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K), with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits (if applicable)
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company – AREN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
The Arena Group creates dynamic, digital destinations that delight consumers with stories and news about the things they love their favorite sports teams, the inside scoop on personal finance, and the latest on lifestyle essentials. We are building out a robust media ecosystem that brings together consumers, publishers and advertisers with a proven strategy that brings sustainable performance growth in audience, engagement and monetization. We harness the authority of trusted brands and the editorial prowess of our leading writers and editors. Our destinations live on a robust technology platform that helps deliver best in class capabilities in direct sales and programmatic advertising, data, SEO, social, and operations.
The Arena Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment.We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age,race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.