- USA Only
- 5 applicants (22%)
at Nom Nom
Nom Nom is improving the lives of dogs everywhere. One meal at a time.
We deliver real, good food for dogs — real, beautiful, drool-worthy food, crafted by our on-staff Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionists, and prepped, mixed and portioned in our very own kitchens. Personalized all the way down to the calorie, each meal is formulated to meet the unique needs of every pet we serve. Our Board-Certified Veterinary Nutritionists and staff of world-class scientists make sure of it, researching, studying and innovating nonstop to ensure maximum nutrition from all of our recipes while advancing pet health at large.
We’re a team of pet lovers (duh), complacency crushers (you bet) and doggedly- determined experts (woof) that pride ourselves on serving up the best food possible for our four-legged family.
We take absolute ownership over everything we do, persistently pushing one another toward creative solutions to complex problems. With a healthy serving of fun when time permits.
(Time always permits.)
Nom Nom is looking for a Copywriter who’s passionate about all things marketing and has an appetite for positive disruption in the pet food industry. You’re consistent and have a way with words. You see the big picture and can write everything from punchy headlines to engaging educational articles that truly speaks to our super premium, super savvy consumer. Your ideas are backed by strategy, and you’re obsessed with all the fine details that get you to the finish line. In this hands-on role, you’ll oversee and champion the Nom Nom brand messaging and present effective ways to communicate our core values to our audience. You’ll unify our voice and tone with top-to- bottom funnel story-telling experiences via multiple touchpoints. You’ll keep a pulse on industry trends (when you’re not busy making your own) and play a pivotal role in the evolution of our dynamic positioning. Specifically:
- Provide consumer-focused copy for editorial content and deliver ROI across all mediums
- Develop go-to-market messaging across both brand awareness and digital growth channels (from email to social media ads to website copy to long-form content)
- Work closely with designer and external agency partners to create on-brand and cohesive messaging that achieves our acquisition and engagement goals
- Assist and execute the evolution of the brand, its narrative and competitive differentiation
- Own, organize and update the master brand book and our messaging system as it evolves
- Partner with product, marketing, science and other cross-functional teams to ensure our voice and tone translates well into all environments
- Actively research and conduct audits of our brand and both direct and indirect competitors to stay relevant and ahead of trends, utilizing insights data and consumer research to fine-tune campaign creative
- 4+ years of consumer brand experience (in-house or agency)
- Pro expertise with narrative framework and messaging hierarchies
- Refined messaging approach, less is more
- Capacity to deeply understand product and customer journey
- Able to adhere to brand guidelines and build upon them
- Able to articulate thought process and justify copy decisions
- Strong desire and initiative to explore the new and improve the old
- Team player that participates in brainstorming sessions
- Able to roll up sleeves and flex in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and project manage multiple projects
- Sense of urgency and able to iterate quickly
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
BONUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
- An agency environment
- Pet and/or consumables industry
- Hiring, managing and developing freelancers
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Command Skills
- Drive Results
- Customer focus
- Competitive pay
- Associate discount on Nom Nom products
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- HSA (with employer contribution) and FSA offerings
- 401(k) with employer match up to 4%
- Employer paid short term and long term disability coverage
- Life, accident, and pet insurance options
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Formal training and opportunities for career progression
Nom Nom embraces inclusion, diversity and equal opportunity. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Nom Nom is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
All applicants must have permanent legal authorization to work in the United States. Nom Nom does not sponsor employment visas for this role.
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.