Software Quality Engineer II - QA
- USA Only
- 5 applicants (23%)
Title:Software Quality Engineer II | QA
We are ExtraHop. We’re on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
We are seeking an experienced Software Quality Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate should have a passion for quality and a solid understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) in an agile environment. The candidate should have excellent manual testing skills, be detail-oriented, and be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure that our products meet our high-quality standards.
- Design, develop, and execute test cases and test scenarios for software applications in an agile software development environment
- Work collaboratively with developers, product owners, and other stakeholders to ensure the quality of software products
- End to end application testing across hardware, virtual and cloud environments.
- Push Quality to the Left to find issues in designs/code/processes as early as possible.
- Continuously improve the quality assurance process and test coverage
- Document defects and track them to resolution using JIRA or similar tools
- System level thinker with a customer perspective
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field or related experience
- At least 3 years of experience in testing of software applications
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools such as JIRA
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of Humor
- Cybersecurity experience
- Experience with Cloud and/or other virtualization technologies
- Networking, database, coding/scripting experience
All R &D Employees will be required to attend 2 mandatory in-person events every year of approx. 4 days duration.
$96,000- $123,000 + benefits+ options
Cyberattackers have the advantage. ExtraHop is on a mission to help you take it back with security that can’t be undermined, outsmarted, or compromised. Our dynamic cyber defense platform, Reveal(x) 360, helps organizations detect and respond to advanced threats before they compromise business operations. We apply cloud-scale AI to petabytes of traffic per day, performing line-rate decryption and behavioral analysis across all infrastructure, workloads, and data-in-flight. With complete visibility from ExtraHop, enterprises can detect malicious behavior, hunt advanced threats, and forensically investigate any incident with confidence.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a Best Place to Work by Inc. , Computerworld , BuiltIn Seattle and Seattle Business Magazine , and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of 20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch. In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with ExtraHop and the country where you work.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Honor System PTO and 9 Holidays (US only) + 3 Days of Paid Volunteer Time
- Non-Commissioned positions are eligible to participate in annual discretionary bonus plan
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k with employer match or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
- Parental Leave (US Only)
- Hybrid and Remote Work Model
*Candidates should note that the Company may modify reporting relationships, job titles and compensation, including commissions and benefits, from time to time at its sole discretion, as it deems necessary, with or without prior notice. We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability , HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats.
Ready to join us? #Extrahop #Security #NDR #informationsecurity #cybersecurity