Software Quality Assurance Manager | Remote
Synergy Sports, A Division of Sportradar, the single source for computer vision, AI-driven video and data solutions for sports, seeks a fully Remote Software QA Manager to help build out the QA program within the business, with a focus on automation, and grow a team of specialists and engineers.
This job offers tremendous opportunities to work with the only company that delivers on-demand professional-level basketball, baseball, and hockey analytics linked to supporting video to nearly 1500 pro teams, international, and college teams. Our systems are highly complex and contain petabytes of data and video requiring extremely talented engineers to maintain the scale and efficiency of its products.
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in English.
We are a globally distributed team and we work on an asynchronous model with the flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job, while still being able to attend team calls and regular meetings. Personal initiative and a strong work ethic are highly encouraged and rewarded.
The company is deadline-driven and provides a very transparent freedom and responsibilities culture to all our teams. We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well-being of our team and their loved ones.
Note : This is a fully remote job, so a successful candidate should be flexible with their schedule to overlap with North American and European working hours.
An experienced, highly technical candidate joining the Synergy team is expected to successfully deliver the following:
· Ensure release of measurably high-quality mobile, web, desktop, camera hardware/server and API products & services in a CI/CD environment, helping build a QA program from near ground-up
· Build deeply embedded and scalable quality assurance capabilities across platforms and tech stacks, particularly in the areas of defining and onboarding effective automation and extensible test frameworks
· Balance need for immediate results with long-term infrastructure, tooling, and process investment; in other words, sustain current products in the market while architecting to support growth and horizon opportunities
· Contribute to leadership of a growing QA team of test engineers and quality specialists, project resource needs and assist in hiring and growth of the team
· Work multiple projects concurrently and collaborate with cross-functional teams, prioritizing your own and QA team member investments to business priorities
· Evaluate and coach QA and technical teams on how to qualify products and services with an agile and a growth mindset – delivering value ultimately toward major sales, product, and sport season readiness dates as a priority within iterative release cycles
· Continuously improve test processes and procedures, help define performance baselines for test results, drive towards automation, and build up reporting practices to show test impact and shape improvements to product and service delivery teams
- Experience growing and managing QA teams of at least 5+ staff, ideally more
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in building out QA programs from the ground up in an Agile environment
- Expert in developing test strategies, communicating vision, and improving processes, for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Priority-driven, able to identify and focus on what matters, deliver autonomously and foster a culture of autonomous alignment
- Familiarity with or working knowledge of high volume databases, MongoDB and other NoSQL technology, and Kubernetes
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycles, test methodologies, and tools and a passion for coaching and driving quality processes.
- Excellent listening, analytic, and solution skills combined with the ability to define and drive essential change
- Able to sustain individual test efforts while building QA programs and guiding a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Passion for results, both in execution and as an effective advocate for quality assurance early and throughout the product development process for software engineering
· Excellent knowledge of change management principles and reporting practices
· Proven experience in team building, particularly communicating direction, vision and enabling knowledge sharing
· A strong interest in sports / passion and knowledge about team sports and stats
· Familiarity with localization and translation processes in software
· Fundamentally advocates the user experience and can visibly align quality efforts to business impacts and objectives