Ginkgo Bioworks is hiring a
Software QA Engineer
- USA Only
Software QA Engineer
- REMOTE /BOSTON, MA
- We are seeking driven Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers who will use their software testing experience to have a direct and positive impact at Ginkgo Bioworks and become a part of the next great technological revolution.
- At Ginkgo, we are constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more.
- This is your chance to not only help test software built using cutting edge tools and frameworks, but also to work side-by-side with the brightest scientists, organism engineers, and more.
- You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to exciting frontiers in the field of synthetic biology!
- At Ginkgo, our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated cell programming platform (called the Foundry) for designing and building new organisms.
- Today, Ginkgo is developing over 40 different organisms to make different products across multiple industries.
- Ginkgo scientists use the Foundry to create these new organisms, conduct experiments, control lab robots, and analyze massive amounts of data.
- You’ll collaborate with a team of talented and diverse engineers, product managers, experts in data analysis and bioinformatics, and, of course, your customers – the dozens of biologists and chemists at Ginkgo.
- You will use your QA Engineering expertise to test our cell programming platform, with optimized testing programs that work across various test modalities.
- As a member of this new discipline at Ginkgo, you will play a key role in defining the software testing strategy at Ginkgo.
- Our microservices are built using AWS, Docker, Django, REST, GraphQL, React, MySQL, Postgres, Elastic Search, Airflow, Ruby and other modern tools and frameworks.
- The 20th century was all about bits and the awesome technology of computers; the 21st century is all about atoms and the awesome technology of biology.
- Ginkgo is at the forefront of this revolution. Here’s your chance to change the world rather than selling more ads.
Please note: this position is considered remote flexible and has the capability to be residence-based, with minimum requirements to come onsite to our Boston offices once per quarter.
- Implement and maintain an automated test suite
- Create and execute test plans to evaluate new features before they’re released
- Perform exploratory testing to become intimately familiar with our approach to acceptance criteria and the user perspective, as well as ensure the quality of application functions and edge cases where we do not have test-suite coverage
- Collaborate with your tech lead, engineering manager and product manager to define key milestones and deliverables
- Work as a member of an agile team, attending scrum meetings
- Prototype new ideas, tools, and frameworks
- Lead quality processes, and guide efforts to improve development processes
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- BS/MS in computer science, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Biology a huge plus
- 5-7 years in Software QA engineer role that includes 1-2 years in a Lead role
- Subject matter expertise in various testing frameworks and ability to make tradeoffs between them
- Experience in security testing, performance testing, integration testing and contract testing
- Ability to test automation at different levels like API, UI, Backend, etc.
- Ability to identify the right balance between pre-production and production quality practices
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent responsibilities
- Ability to understand user needs and behaviors
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced Agile environment, where, as we say at Ginkgo, “there will be dragons”!
Please support us by letting Ginkgo Bioworks know that you found this position on remoteworkers.net.