Software Engineer, Quality
- 80 applicants
Software Engineer (Quality)
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications below, please still consider applying. We believe in a holistic approach when evaluating talent for our team.
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That’s why people love us.
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer in Test to help us build out a testing framework that helps increase our confidence and quality of ongoing releases. As with any product, maintaining a high quality bar is important to us, but specifically in the context of Analytics we work to help our customers build trust with their internal and external customers of Metabase. As such, your efforts will have a noticeable impact to both the company and the product.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Metabase fully supports remote employees and we have folks across the globe.
We are hiring for multiple quality and test engineers.
About the role
- Expand our existing test automation framework and test coverage
- Setup and maintain our testing infrastructure
- Write and maintain Cypress tests for our frontend
- Perform QA testing on new releases, both automated and manual
- Create test plans for new features and steer the team to ensure test coverage
- Help increase our level of code coverage throughout the product
- Help build reproduction scenarios for customer issues
- Strong experience using Cypress
- Strong experience with analytics, ideally Metabase 🙂
- Experience in React and/or Clojure
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working with Docker containers
- Relevant work experience in software development and/or test automation
We’re a global team (50% outside the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to California), who get things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers. We offer flexibility (define your own schedule and work from wherever you want), autonomy, and an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. We’re relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.