Software Engineer in Test
- USA Only
- 2 applicants (22%)
Title:Software Engineer in Test – Remote
Location: Remote, USA
Personal development and becoming the best is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
Quality Assurance is an integral part of a technology company and software development, and you understand that. You are a Quality Champion and have a passion for software that works well and delights customers. You are highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving.
If you are dedicated, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you!
This position reports directly to the Manager of Engineering and is a remote work opportunity.
How you will make an impact as a Software Engineer in Test:
- You are Customer Obsessed. You will design, develop, and analyze automated test suites and tools to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready
- You want to Build Extraordinary Teams. You will collaborate with and contribute to team Agile ceremonies, quarterly Program Increment planning, and work to build the team and the product so they are better today than they were tomorrow
- You are Adaptable. As a quality evangelist, you can make necessary changes to test strategy based on context and evolving objectives
- You Innovate for Impact. You will advocate for quality software by influencing and improving upstream development processes, creating a proactive approach to quality in all its forms
- You are Inspiring. You mentor Software Associates in Test and share knowledge and experience with your team members through technical demos and reviews
- You Deliver Results. You know how to analyze test runs to resolve where application bugs exist and where tests need improvement and use metrics and data to holistically assess the testing needs of the product
- You are Strategic. You own the quality of work through regular code reviews and ensure the teams and roles you work with are following Quality Assurance and Security Best Practices
- You are Courageous. You are not afraid to challenge the status quo and enjoy bringing new ideas and ways of thinking to a software development team
- You lead with FBS. You are willing to collaborate through sprint and project retrospectives to help facilitate continuous improvement and a space for all voices to be heard. Including yours!
How you will make a difference:
- Design, maintain and execute automated tests in Robot Framework- including functional, system integration, regression, performance, and API testing
- Create test documentation (test strategies, plans, designs, scripts) derived from a variety of sources (business use cases, functional specifications, object models, relational diagrams, class diagrams, and system diagrams) to support individual and group testing efforts
- Create feature test plans and cases, and supporting applications, harnesses, and automation to successfully test at the API, class, interface, data access, and application layers
- Leverage clear communication skills that transcend different levels of technical expertise, such as in non-technical discussions with product managers or technical conversations with engineers
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics, graduation from Technical School, or 2 years of equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in software testing
- 3+ years of QA Automation or programming experience (C#, Java, Ruby, Python, React, etc)
- Robot Framework, NeoLoad, K6 iO, Selenium, etc to write automated and performance tests
- GUI, Microservice, and API testing on scalable enterprise web-based applications and mobile platform testing (Android & iOS)
- Webservice technologies (REST, SOAP, Postman, etc) and HTML, CSS & xPath
- SQL and other database familiarity
- CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Octopus etc.) for build deployments
- Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), Git and Jenkins
- A clear understanding of software development practices and life cycles
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
The salary range for this position is $77,200 – $143,400. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of the compensation package.
Base pay offered may vary depending on various factors, including, but not limited to: job-related knowledge; skills; experience; and other eligibility factors such as geographic location. The Total Rewards package includes competitive base pay and an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and several programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
At Accruent (a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation), we strive to be on the cutting edge of the software world, providing purpose-built intelligent solutions that raise customer expectations, shift paradigms and transform the way businesses operate and achieve success.
We aim to provide the same transformational growth for our 1,000+ employees which includes a vibrant office culture in major cities like Austin and Amsterdam and 10,000 customers in more than 150 countries we know you’ll gain new experiences along the way. In our continued effort to help our teams Grow Without Limits, we provide all employees with the resources, coaching and support they need to reach new heights and experience true professional and personal development and we do this because we believe it will help us grow as a global company in return.
Every person can bring something incredible to the table, and we can always achieve more together. So, if you are courageous, adaptable, collaborative and interested in becoming the best you, we encourage you to join us for the ride even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience to fill a particular role.
Explore the path. Join Accruent.
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference. At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone. At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.