Software Developer In Test - Remote, UK
Collaborative people that create ingenious solutions.
Be part of a high performing team with a supportive inclusive culture.
We strive to continuously improve on who we are and what we do.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber workforce optimization experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the human cyber abilities of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats.
Constantly evolving cyber risks are no longer the sole responsibility of technical teams. The capabilities of the entire workforce must now be enhanced to protect from, defend against and respond to attacks.
Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by continuously analyzing and enhancing their capabilities, engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 250 employees globally and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already enabling organisations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimise the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
We’re looking for a Software Developer In Test based either in Bristol or remotely in the UK with fortnightly visits to our Bristol HQ (when life eventually returns to normal!). You’ll be joining a QA team ensuring ensuring our platform and all our labs are reliable, fully functional and user-friendly before they are released to the public.
You will also take part in 10% time, which is a whole day once every 2 weeks to improve yourself and explore new tools and technologies.
Your main responsibilities:
- To build/automate various test suites to ensure reliability of our platform
- Partner with developers to improve and automate test and release processes
- Investigate and design/build solutions to any potential quality weak spots on the platform/development workflow
- Working closely with the development team to feed back on findings with coding errors
- Ensure that the platform design meets business objectives and provides users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement.
- Advocate for quality within the team or even better, across the company
- Collaborate with others to create and update the Test Strategy and other QA practices
- Actively participate in sprint ceremonies: daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review & retrospective and backlog refinement meetings
To be successful:
- Understanding of QA principles, tools and techniques including testing concepts, methodologies and processes
- Experienced with software development and good understanding of software development lifecycle and processes
- Have a passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD
- Thorough understanding of testing concepts, methodologies and processes
- Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude while under pressure, with the ability to organise and prioritise responsibilities
- Interpersonal skills and being able to work in partnership with other people.
- Ability to work under pressure, organise and prioritise responsibilities
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - we create an environment of psychological safety
- Driven - we all have the same goal, to be a must have in every companies defence against cyber attacks
- Agile - we are a scaling organisation which means things change. Constantly.
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from dance lessons, pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Level up cyber workforces around the world, click apply today!