Senior Software Quality Assurance
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 23 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
You’ve got a head for processes, an eye for detail and you love being the first to test out new features in the wild. As a member of the komoot Quality Assurance team you'll play a key role in delivering new, bug-free features to our users worldwide. We work in cross-functional squads so you’ll work with a range of people from product managers and designers, to developers and data analysts to bring new features into the world. And you’ll simultaneously help to shape our quality practices with the rest of the QA team.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Perform exploratory tests, both indoors and outside, to ensure an exceptional user experience for komoot’s mobile (Android and iOS) apps and website
- Work with product managers and designers to refine features and contribute to requirements
- Provide test feedback and pair up with developers to test the features throughout the development process
- Keep an overview of bug reports and prioritize them in collaboration with our product, development and customer support teams
- Manage our manual test suites
- Support the developers maintaining our automated test suites
Why you will love it
- You’ll team up with Pedro and Artur to define and scale QA processes, enabling exceptional-quality feature delivery in fast development cycles
- You’ll take ownership of quality from day one, moving things forward, shaping the processes and choosing the tools you need to do your best work
- You’ll work on a truly inspiring product that brings real-life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated and talented peopleYou’ll feel challenged to continuously learn and excel in your domain
- You’ll travel together with our team (when safe & legal) to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll improve a product that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor adventures
- This is a remote role and you are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. A sunny beach? Snowy mountains? Or a co-working space (covered by us)?
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have proven experience providing quality assurance for high-quality Android, iOS and web apps (5+ years)
- Have the ability to investigate the root cause of bugs and document them consistently
- Love to understand every detail of a product and its impact on our users
- You believe quality is a collective effort rather than one person’s responsibility
- Have strong analytical skills, are highly self-driven, reliable and keen to learn
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and no ego – we’re a team and have always achieved incredible results together
- Bonus: You know about automated mobile testing with Espresso or XCUITest
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account or your blog.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot, we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Blinkist subscription and discounts with outdoor brands like Patagonia and Wahoo
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all- expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!