Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Web
- USA Only
Title: Senior QA Engineer, Web
- Location: Remote, USA
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
Life360 is on a mission to bring families closer and that starts with ensuring that loved ones are safe and secure. That’s why millions of families across 140 countries trust Life360 to keep them connected each day, and in life’s unpredictable moments.
From real-time location sharing and notifications, to driving safety features like Crash Detection and Roadside Assistance, we create tools that remove uncertainty from modern life so families can feel free, together.
About the Job
As a Sr Software Development Engineer Test (SDET) I, Web at Life360, you’ll be solving big quality challenges, coaching Software Engineers and Product Managers in the art of quality testing and helping to create a long-term vision of quality features for our Life360 members. You are a passionate Test Engineer who wants to have a high impact; looking for a hands-on SDET with technical vision of the future for Life360 Web testing and automation. This isn’t just about Testing, we want you to help us create a better product and proactively improve our quality efforts on the whole.
What You’ll Do
- Build testing strategies for the features under development
- Improve QA efficiency by developing new tools and process
- Define, design and deliver tools and automation framework for our web systems
- Work with stakeholders for crafting test strategies, test plans, and test scenarios for product under test
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers for backend testability and design
- Create end-to-end, integration automation (API and UI)
- Monitor product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
What We’re Looking For
- Strong communication skills – this will be an extremely cross-functional role
- Knowledge of Web application development tools & processes such as Selenium
- Technical fluency: ability to quickly learn new systems and dive in to tough problems
- Natural curiosity and ability to break software
- Tenacious approach to finding the most difficult bugs
- Solid understanding of software concepts and mobile apps
- Proficient in HTML, XML, CSS and browser DOM
- Hands-on experience on any frontend testing libraries and frameworks like Mocha,Chai, Jasmine, Jest , Nightly.js
- 4+ years of experience in a SDET role
- 4+ years experience testing web applications
- Strong understanding of web technology
- Proficient in writing functional automation (UI/API)
- Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner and ability to coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Jenkins
- Good grasp of relational databases and SQL
- Experience with the AWS environment and its various tools
We value having a diverse and inclusive community from many backgrounds, so even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental wellness.
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Build A High Performing Team Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Since the majority of our staff is located on the US West Coast, our primary working hours will be 9-4pm PST