Senior Manager of Engineering, Quality
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title:Senior Manager of Engineering, Quality
Location: Remote, US
1upHealth Engineering is a world class team of builders characterized by a love for cutting-edge technology, a desire to solve problems, and a never- ending goal to build simple, elegant products that delight customers and simplify all levels of health care data engagement. Our Engineering team supports 1upHealth vision for a cloud-native infrastructure enabling FHIR- based health data interoperability and compute across the healthcare ecosystem, that enables providers/ACOs, digital health companies, and pharma to operate better across risk, quality, care and experience.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Quality to drive the secure development and delivery of the 1upHealth data cloud-native platform. As Senior Manager of Engineering, Quality reporting to the VP of Cloud Engineering, you will lead 1upHealth SDETs to develop and scale testing of the 1upHealth FHIR platform. In collaboration with other engineering leaders, you will use a metrics-based approach and industry frameworks to ensure functional reliability and performance scalability.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Attract, inspire, and retain exceptional engineers.
- Partner with teams across the organization to deliver Quality roadmaps with predictability.
- Direct technical implementation and delivery of UI/API testing, as well as performance of the AWS-based 1upHealth FHIR Interoperability platform
- Work across the organization to optimize the 1upHealth platform for reliability and scalability, while reducing its overall cost of operation.
- Deliver Testing as a service, using Agile SCRUM methods and foster a metrics-based software development culture.
- Partner with our Application Security team to ensure the security of our customers’ data using secure development practices that align with industry best practices.
- Partner with our DevOps team to integrate testing into CI/CD pipelines, so product teams are ensured of timely feedback on code changes.
We are looking for people who have:
- Preferably 5+ years managing a QA team which was responsible for:
- testing deployed commercial web applications
- manual AND automated with experience in driving automated over manual testing (feature, regression, and performance)
- creating AND maintaining their own own tools and frameworks, while also evaluating build-versus-buy
- Previously managed teams, where testers were embedded in product teams
- Demonstrable success leading and growing, both functional and performance teams. Previous hands-on experience as a manual tester, automation engineer and technical leader.
- Technical ability to problem solve with testers for coverage trade-offs and risk.
- Experience directing metrics-based secure software development. Must have working knowledge of industry standard testing best practices.
- Comfortable communicating with engineers and senior management.
- Worked in Agile SCRUM methodologies.
- Worked with both operations and data, at scale.
- Strong understanding of software QA methodologies and strategies.
- Knowledge of modern cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
- Proficiency in your favorite object-oriented programming language
- Ability to articulate technical challenges and solutions
You may also have:
- Python experience
- Software security testing techniques
- DevOps practices using CI/CD code pipelines
- Knowledge of container-based services
- Experience building health technology based products and services based on current HL7v2 and FHIR standards.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Management or a related field.
At 1upHealth, our mission is to unlock health data and improve industry outcomes. As leaders in FHIR interoperability, our platform makes it easier for partners to access, integrate, aggregate, and share data across a variety of systems. 1upHealth is building a data ecosystem to promote the digital transformation of the industry and encourage insight-driven healthcare.
We are proud to announce that we have been named 2022 Best Places to Work in the Small Company and Best Paying Company categories by Built In Boston.
100% Paid BCBS Medical and Dental Insurance for Employees
Home Office Stipend
Parental Leave (16 weeks for birthing parents, 6 weeks for non-birthing parents)
Company Meetings with Free Lunch