Senior Engine Software Development Engineer in Test
- USA Only
- 2 applicants (17%)
Title: Senior Engine SDET
Location: Hybrid / Bungie-Approved Remote Locations
Are you ready to join the team upgrading Bungie’s proprietary game engine? Are you passionate about evangelizing automated testing and the transformative effect it can have on development? Do you enjoy making systems more automatable and pushing to shift quality left as much as possible? Would you like to contribute towards games that bring people together at a company that values your work-life balance and is invested in creating an inclusive workplace for every employee?
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET) on a new core engine team at Bungie, you will help develop automated testing improvements for our award- winning proprietary Tiger Engine . You will build and support adoption of new test frameworks that allow us to share upgrades more easily between different game projects. Finally, your contributions will empower developers across Bungie to do their best work and ultimately improve our ability to create great games more effectively.
- Contribute to our overall automated testing vision and architect solutions to drastically accelerate our ability to share engine technology across projects
- Design, build and maintain automated test frameworks for our game engine and tools
- Partner with customers to facilitate adoption of automated test frameworks, identifying improvements and removing barriers to entry
- Work across teams to evangelize and support a culture of quality through automated testing
- Knowledge of core programming principles
- Proficiency with C#
- Expertise in automated testing concepts, best practices, etc.
- Experience developing automated testing frameworks
- Ability to develop complex products with high cross-team dependencies
- Experience with automated testing of games and / or tools
- Experience with C++ and / or game development
- Experience collaborating with engineers on automated testing
- Experience testing large and complex technology ecosystems
Listed below is this role’s base pay range. In other locations that Bungie has approved for remote work, this pay range may be adjusted up to +/- 10% and some roles may be classified as non-exempt (hourly).
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don’t simply do meaningful work – they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits – Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
Bellevue Pay Range
Bungie full-time (non-contract) employees in the U.S. also receive:
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
So you don’t meet every requirement listed in this job description? Do you think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification. Bungie is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you’re interested in this position but your past experience doesn’t line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be right around the corner!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.