Quality Assurance Engineer
Title: QA Engineer
Location: Remote, Anywhere
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who will work very closely with our Frontend developers to ensure the quality of the team’s output to the customer. The QA Engineer will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing requirements, making a test plan, designing and executing test cases, evaluating and escalating the quality of the product in time, reviewing production issues, and analyzing the impacted areas to do regression tests and so on. The QA Engineer ensures the quality of the final product matching the company’s quality guidelines and expectations. This is a new role and team to create processes your way and build a team to support you. The product and engineering teams are split across USA and EU time zones so you have flexibility in your hours and will need to be able to work autonomously. We’re looking for multiple roles in our new Quality department, so if you’re eager to join an innovative team and learn from the best then reach out to us today.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases with a strong emphasis on using code to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
- Estimate test efforts, analyze and communicate test results and participate in day to day QA Activities.
- Develop/Maintain and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies used by the organization to maintain a high quality bar.
- Work with Development, Design and Product Management to design and implement test and validation strategies.
- Execute and manage test cases and results, report on test and defect metrics.
- Create, execute and troubleshoot automated test scenarios across our systems.
- Contribute to robust, scalable, and high quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Contribute to the building of a Continuous Integration (CI) environment and ongoing process improvement activities.
- Identify required improvements in the test and development processes; make contributions to our automation tools that help us work towards a more Continuous Delivery process.
- Maintain a high quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving workspace.
What you bring
- Experience with mobile and web testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Experience working with frontend testing tools such as nighwatch, jest, and enzyme.
- Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases.
- Passion for stability and project quality through interaction with the development team.
Nice to have
- Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures and multi-threading concepts.
- Experience working in an agile environment is preferred.
- Experience work and testing web applications across a variety of operating systems, both desktop and mobile.
- Some knowledge of continuous integration practices, preferably using CircleCI.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What we bring as a team
- Positivity, we like keeping the environment up beat.
- Energetic, there is always something new to learn and work towards
- Collaborative, we like who we work with and enjoy working alongside one another
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
As a side effect of teams being spread across time zones, you may have to tolerate occasional early morning meetings if you live in the Americas, or late night meetings if you live in an APAC country*. We do our best to accommodate time zones but there are preferred hours for certain roles and teams. The team you interview with will be able to give you a clear idea of their collaborative hours.
Some teams are extremely flexible with no odd-hour meetings while others have planned on-call or necessary times. Actual flexibility is dependent on the role, team and location.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300 a year
- Professional development budget of $800
- Tandem a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000 office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work. 96% of employees think Platform.sh is a great place to work
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company and team meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent)
- Remote working/flexibility
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK and FR staff only)
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only)
- Extra compensation for on-call ops and support staff
- Company shares (discretionary)