- USA Only
- 3 applicants
Title: QA Manager
Location: United States/Remote
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry — and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As the QA Manager, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining and enhancing the quality of our sports gaming platform. You will lead a team of skilled SDETs, QA Engineers and QA Analysts and collaborate closely with cross- functional teams including engineering, design, and product.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for leading a team of talented SDETs, QA Engineers, and QA Analysts responsible for supporting several verticals across the organization.
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a QA team, including setting the technical vision for developing test tools and strategies for automation used for our systems.
- Build and manage a team of SDETs and QAEs that are responsible for developing and maintaining software for testing systems.
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence.
- Establish and drive results for team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements.
- Establish a consistent, project management touch points and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing testers.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
Who you are:
- Ownership – We take pride in our products and we will do what it takes to ensure it’s held in the highest regards.
- Team Player – Be an advocate of Testing across the team. Partner with engineering to drive practices in testing that everyone can participate in.
- Good Judgment – Makes the most informed decision under ambiguous circumstances (have bias for action) while continuously gathering information to refine decisions.
- Continuous Improvement – Familiar with a diverse set of testing tactics and tools. Always eager to understand what are the current best solutions to our challenges and willing to adopt if necessary.
- Communicator – Less is more. Clear and concise written and spoken communications that effectively convey risks and risk mitigation strategies. We understand that when communication that wasn’t received, it was never actually communicated.
- Data Driven – **Our decisions are also data driven whenever possible. We don’t make up the numbers, we work with them.
- Scientific – **There’s a hypothesis, steps and results. When results vary from the hypothesis, we don’t simply accept it, we seek further understanding of why.
- Domain Expertise – Every industry has a different bar for what Quality means. Understanding the domain (industry, product, customers) is the only way we can truly work towards achieving a quality product.
Even better if you have
- Experience in working on multiple projects at once.
- Basic knowledge of most major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA) and how they are played.
- Played daily fantasy sports and/or sports betting.
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $150,000 and $210,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we’re willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we’re extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!