- USA Only
- 4 applicants (17%)
Los Angeles, California, United States, Remote
This role will be fully remote from a state we are an employer in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, KS, MD, WI, NC, SC, NV, NM, MO, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, TN and WA.
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our safe, innovative youth transportation solution is used by over 300 school districts, charter schools, government agencies and busy families to get kids where they need to go.
With nearly 500,000 yellow buses on the road every day and 3.5 billion miles driven a year, student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the US. And while districts spend $25 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school everyday on a school bus. Add to the equation a crippling bus driver shortage and increasing needs for individualized transportation solutions, and it is clear the current system is expensive, inefficient and ripe for disruption.
We create personalized transportation solutions from one to many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for our most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, youth experiencing homelessness, and youth with special needs.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized HopSkipDrive has been named to Best Places to Work lists from Built in LA, Comparably, Inc. and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us to the Best Company for Professional Development, Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now serve nine states and 16 markets across the country and continue to expand at a rapid pace, twice making the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology lists. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms, HopSkipDrive has raised $70M in funding to date.
Who you are
You are looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by our vision and the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-growing market. You are excited to learn, grow and collaborate so we can achieve our mission of creating opportunity for all through mobility.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that challenges require different approaches, unique perspectives and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You are honest and exhibit high integrity. You are proactive and excited to bring new ideas to the company. You solicit feedback and are open to criticism. You adjust quickly to changes in priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change. You have high attention to detail.
You are an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with others and mentoring other designers. Above all, you want to create something that fundamentally changes the lives of families for the better.
What you’ll do
- Testing new features and providing feedback to the product/engineering team
- Writing and maintaining efficient, thorough test cases
- Coordinating and managing feature releases with product/engineering
- Learning and mastering the inner workings of all HopSkipDrive products
- Reproducing bugs and other issues reported by customers and uncovering problems and/or defects before launch
- Creatively testing the product and creating clear and articulate bug reports
- Advocating for testability during the design process, allowing for better automation
- Ensuring that critical bugs are reviewed and prioritized in advance of releases
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver high quality product requirements
What you bring
- 1-2 years of experience in quality engineering and/or software development
- Strong experience in developing and documenting test plans, test cases, and reporting bugs for complex features
- Experience with bug tracking systems and the bug life cycle
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails is strongly desired
- Motivated to learn and grow: this position exposes the candidate to all aspects of the product, from development through end-user adoption
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with command line tools such as CURL to make API requests
- Familiarity with source control systems like Git
- Experience with testing mobile applications
What you’ll get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), FSA, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Los Angeles, CA is $60,000 to $70,000. This position is remote and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set, certifications, and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.