- USA Only
- Product Engineering – DeveloperTools
- Full Time
We are Appfire, the largest global provider of award-winning Atlassian apps! Our portfolio of trusted product brands includes more than 100 purpose-built apps loved by thousands of teams and millions of users worldwide.
Amplified by our partnership and strategic investment from private equity powerhouse Silversmith Capital Partners, a recent surge of marquee brand acquisitions, and an additional $100M investment from TA Associates, Appfire is uniquely poised to accelerate our leadership position within the billion- dollar Atlassian app market.
Come be a part of our Appfire family for this amazing journey!
Location: Your manager works remotely, and you’ll also be able to work remotely from anywhere in the US.
Job Purpose and Overview
Appfire is looking for a QA Engineer to help us build the flame and join our Developer Tools team! YOU will be part of our team that builds apps to help engineers, developers, and software teams do their best work. YOU will be transforming codebases that need integration or end-to-end (e2e) testing into thoroughly tested projects, utilizing automated testing frameworks and code coverage analysis tools. YOU are passionate about quality and covering every base to achieve the highest levels of reliability and consistency.
- Transforming codebases that need integration or end-to-end (e2e) testing using automated testing frameworks;
- Designing and executing test scenarios, scripts, and procedures;
- Advising the development team on best approaches to product development for improved testing;
- Working with the development team to assess the level of risk in the product deliverables;
- Defining measurable QA processes and quality goals within a project, including making use of code coverage analysis tools;
- Testing for reliability, consistency, and reduction of product defects;
- Creating operating procedures to ensure consistency in the way we test software.
- You have 2+ years software testing or similar role;
- You have experience with any integration or e2e test framework (Selenium, Nightwatch, Codecept, etc);
- You have the ability to write automated tests;
- You are able to clearly identify problems and communicate with the team, both developers and product owners;
- You are comfortable working independently and communicating primarily with collaboration tools: Team meetings are infrequent as teammates currently span 6 time zones and 3 continents;
- You have basic experience with command-line tools (Linux OS environment, for example).
- You are comfortable providing recommendations on testing best practices;
- You have experience with any CI/CD platform (Example: Bitbucket pipelines);
- You have familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Git, and/or Jenkins;
- You have experience with Docker and/or AWS;
Why a Career at Appfire?
Appfire is a global company of awesome humans working to help teams all over the world. We believe that bold ideas light the way for builders – just like us! Our culture embraces YOUR unique skills, while providing a collaborative, diverse environment that thrives on change and growth for the entire Appfire family! At Appfire, innovators are wanted!
We’ve Got You Covered:
As part of the Appfire team, in addition to a competitive full time salary, you’ll also have the flexibility to work from your home office and enjoy benefits such as full company-paid health insurance, dental, flex spending accounts, a 401k program, company paid mobile phone and internet, and more.