QA / DevOps Engineer
At Feed.fm, we believe the best candidates are eager communicators, learn quickly, are compassionate, collaborate well with others, and have a strong desire to see their work in action. We’re looking for a talented software engineer to take the lead on and improve our build, test, and release systems, in order to make sure all software and services powered by Feed Media continually meet the high standards that our customers expect of us.
You will work with customer success and our product development team to identify metrics most important to them, and you will track those metrics and work closely with engineering to ensure processes and tooling is in place to keep those metrics shining. Before development on new projects begins, you will work with other engineers to have automated testing and metric collection ready to go on day 1.
You are very knowledgeable of git and, in particular, Github, and know how to take advantage of that ecosystem to automate testing and track metrics. You are familiar with cloud services that can automatically run unit and integration tests for web and native mobile (iOS, Android) applications.
- Review, upgrade and maintain existing continuous build and deployment systems at Feed Media
- Identify where automated testing is lacking or not possible, and implement checkpoints and processes to make sure manual testing occurs.
- Identify inadequate or missing tests against current products, work with engineering to implement those as automated tests, and implement manual testing and checkpoints in the meantime
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Oversee continuous improvement projects
- Collect quality data
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management
- Extreme familiarity with git, Github, and cloud based continuous integration systems.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- 5-7 years of experience testing Web mobile applications
- 3-5 years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- 3-5 years of experience with software QA tools and processes
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Working with a talented team and having a huge impact!
- Work remotely or in the heart of San Francisco.
- We're providing music for companies you know and love: FitBit, Nautilus, Tonal, Mirror, American Eagle Outfitters, Alo Moves, Life Fitness, and others
- We're building a real company that generates value and pays artists
- You will have a hand in all aspects of a growing platform
- Experienced, down-to-earth coworkers and investors