QA Automation Engineer - Remote
We are hiring our first QA automation engineer, to help increase the quality of our software to the level that our customers deserve. We have so far relied on manual testing only, and so there is no legacy QA infrastructure in place: you will have the opportunity to choose and build everything from scratch.
We are a 30-people, growing and profitable software company that is building the future of spreadsheet-driven business applications. Some of our products include YAMM, Awesome Table and Form Publisher. They are used by millions of people around the world.
Our team is global, highly motivated and competent. We are a remote first company: anyone can work fully remotely. We also have offices in Paris and Milan if that’s more your thing.
Important metrics and numbers are communicated to all team members. If you value being part of the discussions on how to shape the future of the product, by giving your input, weighing in and being heard, then you might just be happy to work with us.
Our applications consist of multiple artefacts: Google Workspace add-ons, traditional web apps, marketing websites. Add-ons in particular live inside Google’s own products, which makes for interesting QA challenges.
They are built with React, Typescript, Google Apps Script, Firebase, Node JS, Java and PostgreSQL. Everything is on Google Cloud Platform.
- Gradually put in place our QA strategy and implementation
- Choose a testing automation framework and design a testing architecture
- Design test plans and test cases for new and existing features
- Plan and coordinate testing activities around releases
- Incorporate tests into the software engineering process (Jira, build, release)
- Execute some test cases that cannot be automated by hand until we hire some manual testers
- Try to break our product in every possible way so that we can make it bulletproof
- Identify, report and track product defects
- Help in root cause analysis
- You have a passion for quality assurance and strong attention to details
- You are relentless, and don’t let things slip through the cracks easily
- You think adversarially, and like to try to break things: the first thing you’ll try when you see a form is inserting special characters or an SQL injection
- You embrace the Modern Testing principles
- You’ve done it before
- You’re a team player.
- Bonus: you’re a team leader
- Experience : 5+ years as a QA engineer preferably on SaaS products with many users.
- QA frameworks: deep knowledge of at least 2 testing frameworks such as Selenium, Cypress, Puppeteer. Experience with visual diff testing a plus
- Software engineering : experience with build tools, CI/CD pipelines
- Cloud : you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Project tracking tools: proficiency with spreadsheets, Github, Jira and other typical software engineering tools
- Language : fluent English
- Writing : you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- The compensation you ask for, we won’t negotiate as we don’t know you. It is then up to you to deliver at the level you asked.
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you write and think. To that end, please write an email that covers at least the following:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why are products are interesting to you
- Tell us about an interesting/challenging test case you had to build
- Include a link to something you're proud of having written online (or copy/paste if not public - we won't share)
Working with us requires a lot of writing/communicating, so please use your application to show off those skills.
Send to the email address indicated on WWR.
We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing.
If that goes well, we’ll send you a take-at-home technical test that should take 3-4 hours to complete.
- You’ll then move on to an interview with a Lead Engineer
- Finally, an interview with the CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!