- USA Only
- QA Data Team
- Memphis, Tennessee or Remote, United States
- Full time
Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy. It also gives us the ability to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
We are looking to hire a QA Analyst to join our Data QA Team. This QA Analyst is responsible for conducting independent research studies on various technologies and wireless market trends from a wide range of data. Performs periodic data audits and change reports to ensure that the quantity and quality of our data is top-notch. The individual will prepare reports of complex findings, illustrating data graphically as well as in written text. The QA Analyst will evaluate prepared data and research, as well as construct reports based on specific personal analyses to seek opportunities for revenue growth, ultimately aiding in the launch of new company products.
We are people first, employees second at Ookla, and we know there is no one perfect path to any job. If you’re excited about the work we’re doing and think you have a creative new approach, please apply whether or not your experience matches the job description. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report here].
Expectations for Success:
- Identify and categorize websites and online services.
- Track release cycles of flagship mobile devices.
- Build and optimize basic SQL queries against large data sets.
- Assist with research and data entry using database GUIs.
- Review and correct data for deficiencies or errors.
- Performs periodic data audits and change reports to ensure that the quantity and quality of our data is top-notch.
- Work as part of a team to create research solutions.
- Standardize data where necessary, in order to identify relationships, anomalies or discrepancies.
- Develop/maintain procedures and large spreadsheet tools in support of project analyses.
- Other assigned duties as needed.
The heading says “requirements” but we’re looking for the right person not the exact list. If your life experience prepares you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Experience working with relational databases
- Strong G Suite or MS Office skills with an emphasis in Sheet or Excel
- Basic MySQL scripting to extract data from the database
- Data entry experience
- Ability to maintain a balance of productivity, quality, timeliness of job duties with attention to detail
- Experience working with internal team members with a customer service approach
- Experience with internet, cellular, and broadband technology and infrastructure is a nice to have, but not required for this role
- Bachelor Degree or relevant work experience
People come first at Ookla. We offer top-of-market compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, lunch on Wednesdays and an office kitchen full of snacks. Our comprehensive benefits package includes 401(k) matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page] for even more information.
While our preference is to have this person located in our wonderful Memphis Office, we are also open to having this position be remote elsewhere in the US.We provide excellent workplace flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow.